Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-26-2012, 08:55 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Default Everyone ready on the East Coast?

We could take a direct hit here in PA from this storm that's on it's way. UGH.

I'm not too worried since we don't really have to worry about flooding being that we are at the top of a hill but it would really suck if we lose power for any extended period of time. I don't want to lose all that food in our chest freezer.

I also hope our big maple can hold out.

We could be in for a bit of a rough ride.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Stay safe, everyone!

My parents live in Palm Beach County, and EVERYTHING is shut down today. Schools are closed, businesses are closing... even on the East Central Florida coast, schools are closed today.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Seeing as Maine just battled an earthquake... I'm saying bring it on Frankenstorm!!! We're going later today to pick up some essentials and moving stuff inside. Of course my mom is down in Florida getting ready to get on her cruise ship, the lucky ******* lol.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Top Dog

Eh, I'm expecting another Hurricane Irene scenario, although they're saying if it does touch down here then it's going to be much worse.

We'll stock up on emergency supplies, but I'm not getting too concerned. I doubt my house would flood, but a lot of friend's homes and businesses a couple of miles closer to the sound might. Hurricane Irene flooded one of our local bars (the yacht club) and knocked out some boats, and put quite a few trees into people's houses, so this could definitely cause some problems.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Top Dog

Yes! Blizzarcane! Whoohoo!

I'm actually NOT looking forward to this considering this is the anniversary of last year's really bad snow storm. Power out for multiple days, trees came down everywhere, it was chaos.

Then again I'm not convinced this is going to be all that bad.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Top Dog

My fridge is full of wine. I'll be fine.

I'm hoping that it knocks all the leaves off my trees (all 20-something of them) in one fell swoop so I only have to pay someone to clean up my yard once

I am going to put gas in the car though. It sucked during the derecho last summer to have no electricity (no air conditioning in 100+ degree heat!) and the gas stations were all shut down so we couldn't even get to the mall to sit in air conditioning!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Resident fainting goat

erm.. I live in Boston. I've been in exam/birthday mode..what's going on? lol
Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Woah storm? Haven't heard about it. Is it expected to actually hit northern VA at all and when?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:14 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
My fridge is full of wine. I'll be fine.

I'm hoping that it knocks all the leaves off my trees (all 20-something of them) in one fell swoop so I only have to pay someone to clean up my yard once

I am going to put gas in the car though. It sucked during the derecho last summer to have no electricity (no air conditioning in 100+ degree heat!) and the gas stations were all shut down so we couldn't even get to the mall to sit in air conditioning!
I'm hoping it knocks all th leaves off my tree and blows them into someone elses yard and then we won't have to clean them at all LOL

We've got lots of food and batteries and a couple huge water jugs to fill in advanced (in case the flooding makes the tap water undrinkable).

Mostly I hope if the power goes out it's not for too long. Our chest freezer is FULL and I may cry if I lose all that food lol. and if that maple tree gets destroyed I hope it doesn't hit the house but I'll be very sad to lose it because it's the best summer shade tree ever lol and it won't be easily replaced

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
erm.. I live in Boston. I've been in exam/birthday mode..what's going on? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Woah storm? Haven't heard about it. Is it expected to actually hit northern VA at all and when?
http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...hteen-20121020

I have a wedding to go to tomorrow (it's an outdoor wedding!) so I really hope that we don't get any rain. Ack.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep