Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Top Dog

Question VetGuard plus?

I'm in need of a new F/T product, just surfing around. A few weeks ago I saw an add on TV for this one and my mother asked about it, I didn't know anything and hadn't looked it up, but commented to her how I didn't like any of the other generic Frontline's I've seen yet (where they're made, refusal to release crucial product info to veterinarians, not really that much of a price deal vs safety, etc). Anyway, my mother was somehow stirred to look this one up online, and she came back at me with "It says it's made in the USA" (most the other generics I've seen yet are made in India, Frontline is made in France). Now I'm interested. Saw it at Sams club and it is a good deal price wise if it's as good as Frontline.

So, anyone here have any personal experience yet with this product? Reviews?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:02 PM
orange iguanas.

It's not a generic Frontline. It contains permethrin as its active ingredient, Frontline uses fipronil. It would be more comparable to Bio Spot or Sentry or most other preventatives that are sold at pet stores.

But nope, I haven't used it; I don't use permethrin/pyrethrin products on my pets.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 09-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Top Dog

Should have come back that I know it's not a Frontline-like product, but is comparable to Advantage (Who I refuse to buy and support Beyer corp, to long a story but other hobby Farmers probably get it). I need something that isn't Frontline, but is as effective on ticks, seems the dirty neighbors now grown free puppies are running a flea circus (after being over 30 years flea free, a few years ago they brought them in).

Just found out, I can get this one at Kmart, Sams club sells it but seems only in 6 packs, I'd rather run a smaller test trial first (3-pack).
Old 10-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Active Pup

Default Here are some Vetguard Reviews for ya.

http://www.amazon.com/vetGuard-Plus-...ews/B008VG0DSE