Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Fall/winter behavior changes

I have a 5 month old PBGV and we currently live in Germany. Its starting to get colder in the mornings and it stays dark till nearly 9am. My pup Tara, is sleeping later and later each morning. She used to be rushing out of the crate to go to the bathroom but now is totally lazy and sleeps till 9am or later. She's not interested in her food right away either. She opts for waiting till she's done napping to investigate her bowl. She is on antibiotics for a UTI so I am wondering if its the recovery period or is it the seasons?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Felurian

Probably some of both It could be a growth spurt too. But do keep an eye on her; a five month old puppy should be rarin' to go at least part of the day.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Puppy Dog

Thanks Renee! She's playing a lot more lately and seems to be putting on some weight, not such a lanky looking thing anymore ^_^ Funny thing is though, that she is eating about half of what she used to. Still she seems to have gained some weight and is happy. I've switched her to Acana Grasslands since she refuses to eat anything else but she doesn't seem super enthusiastic about that either. Oh well. She seems herself energy-wise just not appetite-wise... I'm keeping a close eye on her behavior, eating habits and bowel movements in case something does end up being wrong.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Felurian

She may seem to be eating less if the Acana is higher calorie than what she was eating before

Good to hear she's seeming more like a puppy

Kharma was a lanky puppy and neither she nor Bimmer were ever enthusiastic eaters unless I had something beyond awesome, like venison. Puppies, like children, don't necessarily need to be roly poly to be healthy

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian