Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Puppy Dog

Default New Puppy - name suggestions?

I picked up my new Pembroke Welsh Corgi from Kathy Fortin in MO. My boyfriend and I were originally going to drive down there (would be close to 21 hours round trip) because I wanted to meet her in person as well as the puppy's parents and see the kennel, etc. but I decided to have her shipped to Omaha, NE instead which ended up being about 5 hours round trip instead. She was really anxious to get out of the crate when I picked her up, my mom drove home and she was cuddled up to my neck almost the whole trip and she ate a little on the drive as well. I wanted to wait but she was so hungry. Anyway, here is a picture. My phone usually takes good ones but it decided it didn't want to that night. I'll take some nice ones when the new battery charger comes for my camera (Shippo decided I didn't need the other one).

Pay no attention to the stuffing all over the floor, Shippo had just disemboweled a stuffy lol I am going to be showing her in conformation and hopefully other things as well. Shippo I'm still on the fence about but it's quite possible he's going to be neutered. Anyway, I'm having trouble coming up with a name. I wanted to stick with the Inuyasha theme (anime/manga where Shippo's name comes from) but none of the girl names really strike me, though for a long time I was planning on naming my female Sango. Not sure I want to now so I'm considering other options. I thought about a dragon name since it's the year of the dragon but I can't find any decent dragon names so maybe a Welsh name or even a faery name (there is a story that was made up as to the PWC's origins that they were used as faery steeds).

She is both a bit sassy but also sweet. She reminds me a little of Chansey, the Corgi I lost last year. Her name comes from Pokemon but I don't think there are anymore Pokemon names I can use, I think Evee is used far too often.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Top Dog

Do you like Rin? Sango is a good name, too. What about the bad female names? It's been so long I can't remember... Uh... Kagura was one, right? Kikyo...

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-26-2012, 03:26 AM
Puppy Dog

I think Rin and Sango are the only ones I would consider from InuYasha. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with something other than Sango, do you think Shippo and Sango sound too close together that they would be confused?
Old 10-26-2012, 03:49 AM
Top Dog

I wouldn't think so. They both have two different distinct sounds, to me. Shippo being "IP" and Sango being "ANG". Maybe try calling your current dog Sango a couple times to see if he responds lol. If he does, then maybe it is confusing to a dog.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-26-2012, 04:00 AM
Puppy Dog

Okay he's sleeping next to my desk and I said Sango twice, he didn't respond but I said Shippo once and he lifted his head real fast lol I was originally going to say that he responds to butthead which he is sometimes so I didn't think that would be a good test, but apparently it works.

I was also considering Xena or maybe Eris so I think I'm getting closer to deciding on a name.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:08 AM
Puppy Dog

Maybe not Eris because that's the goddess of chaos and discord and I don't want her to live up to that lol Probably not Xena either. I think it's going to end up being Sango.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:50 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Florence.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragoncorgis View Post
Maybe not Eris because that's the goddess of chaos and discord and I don't want her to live up to that lol Probably not Xena either. I think it's going to end up being Sango.
Good thinking, lol. They do tend to live up to their names . . . Tallulah is a drama queen and definitely chews the scenery, lol.

Shiva . . . that dog could have broken an anvil. But she was a sweetheart and didn't destroy things on purpose, she just couldn't seem to avoid it.

Sango has a good sound to it

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Blackout

First off congrats! She's so adorable! My brother is getting his own sometime soon but he's decided on Molly for her name. Whatever the case - I'm calling her Mrs Marpole lmao.

Hmm, what about....Moro? Not Inuyasha but still anime. Sorry - I really don't know that much about anime names! lol
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Puppy Dog

Thanks. Has he decided on a breeder? I was going to respond to your question about looking for a good PWC breeder but I couldn't at the time and then I forgot But if you still need help with that I can most certainly put something together.

I think I have decided on Sango.