Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Top Dog

Good luck Erica!!!

I didn't get put on bed rest, but I'm not supposed to drive or do very much. I didn't get too sick (or faint) on the flight down to Florida and felt ok(ish), while there, but the flight back got delayed and I was stuck on the plane and was so sick when I got home, vomiting again and shaking badly and fainted at some point - I think yesterday morning, I'm so out of it I don't even know when. My blood pressure is like....86/52 or 54. If I drink 2.5 liters of water a day it might go up to 90/56.

Fran - maybe instead of a gift, or babysitting, you can offer to do your neighbor's laundry or bring her some home cooked meals? Or if you're running to the grocery store, stop by and ask if she needs anything? Most women aren't going to call you if you say "call if you need something" but if you stop by all ready to do and ask, she'll be more likely to say "oh yeah can you pick up milk and bread for me" or if you call and say "I'm doing laundry at 3pm, can I stop by and pick up a load to wash for you?" you'll be helping a ton.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

ERICA!! I cannot believe its that time already. I am pretty sure you just told us you where preggers like a week ago.

Good luck and I cannot wait for pictures of the little guy

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 12-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Love My Mutt <3

They're inducing so soon after your EDD? :-/

Good luck!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
They're inducing so soon after your EDD? :-/

Good luck!
They LOVE inductions in America (I don't even know if Erica lives in America, actually, but if she does, it's an induction party ALL THE TIME).

There are some good reasons for inductions, but I hear an awful lot of "well the doctor was off next week so he wanted to induce me" and A TON of "I was sick of being pregnant so I asked to be induced..."

Old 12-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Top Dog

Horrible headache + conflict with a coworker + dog peeing AND pooping in the house = pregnant chick crying at the grocery store. Yep. I officially feel crazy.

But then I came home to a massive gift basket from my DH's coworker, stuffed full of bottles, sippy cups, bottle liners, pacifiers, diaper genie refills, etc! Incredibly thoughtful.

I felt the bean move around a ton today and I think he/she must be going through a growth spurt because I have been having frequent but non-severe cramping. More annoying than anything.

11 more days until our ultrasound and time is crawling! Thank goodness we have Christmas as a distraction.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:15 PM
and Fozzie B!

I've had chronic hypertension for the past few months, so it's safer to induce me than wait. I know it sucks. Can't wait for those putosin contractions! :l But I'm so excited to meet my little man!!!! Prepare yourselves for a bunch of pictures! I'm heading to the hospital in a couple hours. It should take at least until tomorrow morning. Omg...

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 12-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I can't wait to hear the birth story. I'll keep you in my thoughts tonight.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Erica I will be sending you all the vibes I can muster. I can not wait for the pictures. He Is going to be absolutely perfect.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 12-22-2012, 10:53 PM
and Fozzie B!

Thanks girrrrs! (; they just started inducing me and it hurts like a bitch already...

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 12-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Top Dog

Oooh good luck Mama! What an awesome Christmas present!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.