Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
I started feeling the baby really early-- 13 weeks!
Yeah I feel like it's too early, but I'm 14 weeks and 2 days and I'm really thin and haven't gained any weight, which my doctor said makes it easier to feel. I don't know what else the feeling could have been, although it didn't quite feel like butterflies...more like a caterpillar or something

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Top Dog

The first time I felt it, I described it to my DH as feeling a bullfrog trapped in a water balloon doing back flips. Now, the more I feel it, the more I understand the "butterfly" analogy.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Top Dog

10 weeks and 4 days.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Top Dog

Aww, that's sweet Barbara!

I had another doctor's appointment today. It didn't go very well. The baby is fine, thank God, had a healthy heartbeat and my uterus measured 15 weeks. The screening came back very low risk for various problems.

But I lost 2 more lbs, bringing me down 7lbs from my original weight (I do think I gained 5 early in my pregnancy, before the first dr's visit, though). The nausea's gotten better and I've been able to eat normally except one or two days, so I dunno. Even the doctor pointed out how pale I was.

My blood pressure is really low. I have to drink at least 2 liters of water a day, if I can keep it down. I'm already drinking a lot of water, I think close to 2 liters, and it's not helping. At all. I'm not supposed to drive unless I feel better, and I'm not supposed to go out on my own unless I feel better. I'm getting overwhelmed by the stuff I can't get done. My mom keeps saying they might put me on bed rest or put me in the hospital for an IV, which I want to say is just her being paranoid, but the doctor told me to monitor my pressure at home and call if it gets any lower.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Kotah BEAR

Oh Milo (((HUGS)))

Just stay calm and relaxed. Try not to stress to much. Continue drinking water, up it if you can. And eat CHIPS! A friend of mine just had her baby about 2 months ago and she said when she was about 14-20 weeks her weight and blood pressure became a huge issue (just like you) and she drank so much water she about floated away. She said the one thing that she could keep down, didn't make her sick, and actually tasted good (she was a picky eater before she got preggo, but WHILE she was preggo it was 10x worse), she ate chips! BBQ chips dipped in ranch, dill pickle chips dipped in ranch, and ranch flavored doritos.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Top Dog

I've been eating a ton of chips I'm trying to make them healthy by choosing baked sweet potato chips and things, but at this point I don't think it matters much, lol. Thanks for the tip, though, and maybe if I try to drink more water WITH the chips it will be easier.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Behavior Nerd

What about juice? Smoothies? Tea? Would those helpup your fluid intake *and* give you some good calories without causing tummy troubles?

Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Kotah BEAR

Smoothies are AWESOME. Blueberry and strawberry mixed smoothies are the BEST.
That is all.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Aww, that's sweet Barbara!

I had another doctor's appointment today. It didn't go very well. The baby is fine, thank God, had a healthy heartbeat and my uterus measured 15 weeks. The screening came back very low risk for various problems.

But I lost 2 more lbs, bringing me down 7lbs from my original weight (I do think I gained 5 early in my pregnancy, before the first dr's visit, though). The nausea's gotten better and I've been able to eat normally except one or two days, so I dunno. Even the doctor pointed out how pale I was.

My blood pressure is really low. I have to drink at least 2 liters of water a day, if I can keep it down. I'm already drinking a lot of water, I think close to 2 liters, and it's not helping. At all. I'm not supposed to drive unless I feel better, and I'm not supposed to go out on my own unless I feel better. I'm getting overwhelmed by the stuff I can't get done. My mom keeps saying they might put me on bed rest or put me in the hospital for an IV, which I want to say is just her being paranoid, but the doctor told me to monitor my pressure at home and call if it gets any lower.

I don't know I I could ever take it easy or go on bed rest for 9 mos ~_~ I am very hyper active & will not even rest of I am hurt or sick... Heck I was back at work cleaning stalls the day after I was kicked in my shoulder.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Top Dog

*pokes thread*

Wanted to let you guys know that I got a maternity pea coat for $10 off craigslist and it's in FANTASTIC shape. Also, I do not feel like a sausage in it and I can bend, unlike in my snowboarding jacket. Lol. So...check craigslist before moaning about how none of your coats fit you.

Also I found this pattern: Seaweed that you can use to expand your coat later if you plan on babywearing.

And here is my 22 week bump shot. Mu insisted on "helping" me take pictures but wouldn't do anything but look perturbed when I picked her up. And she cleaned out my ear when I wasn't paying attention. Helpful dog is...not so helpful actually. (But I do have one clean ear.)

22Weeks-5 by taqroy, on Flickr

MM how are you? Did you get put on bedrest? I hope you're feeling better!

Allison I'm kinda jealous you get to feel movement so early! I didn't feel anything that I KNEW was baby until 19 weeks and it's only been since last week that I consistently feel movement. I think the placenta is in the way for me though.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013