Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/1...-section-rate/

Thought this was interesting about Vbacs and breech babies.
Even though its from Fox, it's a pretty decent article! The c-section rate at our hospital here is 30% which does not impress me. One of the many reasons I'm with a midwife!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Top Dog

Who's flown during pregnancy?

My dr said it wouldn't be dangerous for the baby, but with my low blood pressure I might faint or feel really sick during/after flying. I scheduled the trip for when I'll be 15 weeks, so hopefully my BP will continue to improve (it already has), but I'm still nervous. My mom said she flew at 5 months and it made her really sick.

My mom is coming with me, which makes me feel better, and it's not going to be a very action-packed trip so at least if I feel crappy afterwards I can just rest.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post

My dr said it wouldn't be dangerous for the baby, but with my low blood pressure I might faint or feel really sick during/after flying. I scheduled the trip for when I'll be 15 weeks, so hopefully my BP will continue to improve (it already has), but I'm still nervous. My mom said she flew at 5 months and it made her really sick.

My mom is coming with me, which makes me feel better, and it's not going to be a very action-packed trip so at least if I feel crappy afterwards I can just rest.
I flew at 18-20 weeks, 4 hours each way. I found on the early morning flight down there, I felt sick and a bit light headed occasionally, but nothing severe. (my BP is on the low side of normal) The flight back was fine, no issues. Keep hydrated and get up and move around every hour or so would be my best suggestions.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-14-2012, 12:50 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:

I flew at about 21wks, and was perfectly fine. I really didn't notice any different from flying normally, but I didn't have any BP issues to worry about.

Before boarding starts, you can go up to the counter and request a medical boarding pass, so you can get on the plane first. You just can't sit in an emergency exit row if you do this, I believe.

Also, are you flying on an airline with unassigned seating on your ticket, I recommend trying to sit in the front row. You will have some more leg room, and closer to the bathrooms if you need it.

The best advice I have just from my experience is just to make sure you move around a little, especially on a long flight. My doctor recommended that I get up and walk a little once an hour if possible. If it's a reasonably short flight, it shouldn't be a big deal.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

Had my first prenatal appointment today and I was so nervous about my doctor, but OHMYGAWD I love him. He's pretty religious, which would normally put me off, but he doesn't let it effect his practices nor does he mention it and flail it around. He was engaged with me, and was very informative. I had a lot of questions before I went in, and pulled a blank when I finally got in the office, but he helped me remember what they were by needling me basically to find out where my holes in knowledge were, and I loved it. For the papsmear he was in and out and didn't linger, which I hate when doctors do, and he didn't ask me a bunch of questions, but mainly talked himself. He asked what high school I went to, and when it turned out he went to the same one, he just told me about that and we were done in a flash. He gave Josh a book from his personal library to read, gave me a notebook to record my questions, and cracked jokes here and there to lighten all the "vagina" and "discharge" talk. And, he's not bad to look at! Lol. So all in all, I LOVE my doctor.

I have my first ultrasound on Monday and my next appt on December 12th. I will know on Monday for sure, but he thinks I am 6 weeks and 4 days. I get to hear a heartbeat on Monday, most likely. Yay!

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Had my first prenatal appointment today and I was so nervous about my doctor, but OHMYGAWD I love him. He's pretty religious, which would normally put me off, but he doesn't let it effect his practices nor does he mention it and flail it around. He was engaged with me, and was very informative. I had a lot of questions before I went in, and pulled a blank when I finally got in the office, but he helped me remember what they were by needling me basically to find out where my holes in knowledge were, and I loved it. For the papsmear he was in and out and didn't linger, which I hate when doctors do, and he didn't ask me a bunch of questions, but mainly talked himself. He asked what high school I went to, and when it turned out he went to the same one, he just told me about that and we were done in a flash. He gave Josh a book from his personal library to read, gave me a notebook to record my questions, and cracked jokes here and there to lighten all the "vagina" and "discharge" talk. And, he's not bad to look at! Lol. So all in all, I LOVE my doctor.

I have my first ultrasound on Monday and my next appt on December 12th. I will know on Monday for sure, but he thinks I am 6 weeks and 4 days. I get to hear a heartbeat on Monday, most likely. Yay!
YAYAYAYAY!
It is SOOO rare to find a good doctor, but especially one when you are having a baby.
And the ultrasound where you can hear the heartbeat, it just one of the best experiences. Only reason I say that is because when my best friend was pregnant with her 2, I got to go and I swear I cried more than she did LOL It was very emotional for me lol
Old 11-14-2012, 01:58 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post

That's great

don't be too bummed if you don't hear it on Monday. sometimes you can't hear it until 12 weeks (give or take) but hopefully that won't be the case this time

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Top Dog

Awesome, Barbara! Having a doctor you love is awesome (and rare).

I didn't get to heart the heartbeat at my 8.5 week ultrasound, but I did get to see it! So that was good enough for me.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Did you have a boy's name picked out, too?

Taq - what about Judah? I really like Jude, but probably wouldn't have picked it EXCEPT if I have a son and he HATES going by Apollo or Ollie then he can choose to go by AJ, so I definitely wanted the first middle name to be a J name.

ETA: That's part of the reason I'm not finding out the sex - other than I just like surprises, I don't want 100 stupid pink frilly things or everything blue with trucks on it. I'm buying whatever baby stuff I think is cute, even if it's gender-specific, before I find out.
I have banned anything too "babyish" from our registry. I have asked my parents and in laws not to buy us stuff that's Disney, cartoonish, or overrun with pastel colours.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:08 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
Even though its from Fox, it's a pretty decent article! The c-section rate at our hospital here is 30% which does not impress me. One of the many reasons I'm with a midwife!
I didn't even realize its from Fox I just read the article part LOL. I thought it was really interesting. I had a midwife this time and we explored the option of csection but only if she proved to be large BECAUSE of my past deliveries.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie