Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post

And just because. If you're gonna supervise, you're gonna get kisses.

17WeeksWithMu by taqroy, on Flickr

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Bite Club

We have lists for boy and girl names but only a few on each. Girl names are much harder for me. I can't see myself deciding fully until I meet her, so nothing is set in stone yet!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-07-2012, 09:42 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
For those expecting and moms already: at what point did you decide on a name for your lil one?

I've had names picked out for my kids forever, and am already said on a boy's name, first and two middles. I'm flipping between a few girl's combos, but more or less have a name in mind.
We tossed around names for pretty much my entire pregnancy. We locked in on a girl's name almost instantly, but boy's names proved to be harder decide. We narrowed it down to two first names and two middle names, though we couldn't decide how to match them.

It wasn't until we were in the delivery room that we finally came to a decision. It was actually kind of cool. We had talked a little about it during labor, but the moment after our boy was born, Jon and I looked at each other and said the same full name. LOL
Old 11-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
So what are the big differences between the Ergo and Beco? I just liked that the Beco did the hip carry in addition to the front and back, but if it's more of a pain for whatever reason, I might reconsider.
There is more than one type of beco. Are you talking about the Gemini or the Buttlerfly2? I've only tried the Butterfly and the Ergo. Here is the biggest difference I've noticed.

The Beco is taller but a narrower base. It can only front and back carry. The ergo is short, with a wider bottom. Not very comfortable for kids who are leaners. It can do a hip carry but from my experience it is SUPER uncomfortable. The beco butterfly is also easier/comfier for a newborn vs the ergo. The ergo's infant insert is bulky and awkward.

I liked both carriers but hands down they are really at their peek comfort level from 6 months to a year. Before six months I find mei tais/wraps/ring slings more comfy and after a year I needed to size up to a more toddler worthy SSC. However, my son is massive so a smaller kid would fit them better for longer.

I have massive kinderpack love for my larger kid.

As for naming my sons I didnt decide on names for either of them till they were both here. I didnt even think of the name Blake till he was already born. Briggs had his name suggested when I was first pregnant but it wasnt official till he was 3 weeks old.

AND YOU LOOK AWESOME FOR 17 WEEKS!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 AM
We are Home.

Im going to say this right now as I'm thinking about it.

If you as the mother KNOWS the dr is wrong on something do NOT be afraid to do what you feel is right.

Savannah has had a "yeast" rash for a MONTH. They blamed it on her cloth they blamed on this, they blamed it on that. They said she had acid reflux and that's why she was spitting up and cranky. I have been saying from day one I feel its an allergy.

It had to be a food allergy as well because NONE of it was a issue until she stopped breastfeeding full time. They were dead set it was a diaper issue or anything but the food.

I put her on Nutrimigien and its clear in 24 hrs.

ETA: The without a diaper test was to see if it helped at all and it did because the SECOND she pooped it got wiped off. (Jeremy thought it was poop/food related)

Then the 24 hrs with a diaper completely was to prove it either WAS or wasnt the diapers.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Last edited by Baxter'smybaby; 01-02-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: removed pictures
Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Top Dog

Our middle names are already picked out. His/her middle name will be the first name of my FIL/MIL since this is their first grandchild.

It's first names that DH and I can't agree on! He likes bland, simple names and I like names that are slightly more unique (I'm not talking Peaches Honeyblossom or anything...).

I figure, I really want him involved in naming the baby but it's REALLY important to not have the fifth "Bella" in a class.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Ack you're so cute! And I love your top!
Aww thanks! My mother in law sent me a couple shirts, which was awesome, because buying them new is crazy expensive. Half the stuff I have is off Craigslist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
You look great! The back arch thing is crazy eh? It just happens. A few more weeks and you are going to get kicked! (If you aren't already) lol
Thanks! No kicking yet but I know the spud is moving around. The doctor had to chase it all over with the doppler thing and it kept kicking the microphone. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Mu was not amused with the kisses. Apparently she can only supervise effectively from the ground, with her dignity intact.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Top Dog

We have no names picked out. Well, I have some girl names, no boy names, but Matt does not have any. Lol. I am a total nerd and actually wrote a program so we could rate names and then compare them against each other. It still needs some tweaking, but the basis is there. I just need to get Matt to sit down and rate names.

Also, given how awful we're being about finding a first name I'm getting slightly concerned about how in the heck we're going to find a middle name.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Top Dog

First appt on the 14th!

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
It's so personal, my babies hated the ring sling when they were infants lol and it really bothered my back.

I got my patterns from all over but the easiest to make and one of the most comfortable for me is a pattern based on the ball baby overall. The pattern can be found online and is free. Jan dandrea site, or sleeping baby productions has it and many other patterns. I would link but am on my phone.

Eta: der, link is in post above
I forgot to come back to this, but thank you! And to darkchild as well, I foresee some fabric being added to my stash this weekend.