Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter'smybaby View Post
uh--there? And again--everyone is free to view/comment on any thread they would like to--there is no defined exclusion here....not sure why that is even a consideration?
I think she was just saying that just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it has to be shared (not that she COULDN'T post here). Yes Dragoness is free to post where ever she wants and the thread does say everyone welcome... but WHY post that? Somethings are best kept to yourself lol. If you think pregnant women are hideous, let that be your dirty little secret. No need to share it in a thread specifically about pregnancy and parenthood lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I think she was just saying that just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it has to be shared (not that she COULDN'T post here). Yes Dragoness is free to post where ever she wants and the thread does say everyone welcome... but WHY post that? Somethings are best kept to yourself lol. If you think pregnant women are hideous, let that be your dirty little secret. No need to share it in a thread specifically about pregnancy and parenthood lol
Boy do I agree with THAT! I think how things are worded make all the difference in the world--something we all could remember before hitting the submit button!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter'smybaby View Post
uh--there? And again--everyone is free to view/comment on any thread they would like to--there is no defined exclusion here....not sure why that is even a consideration?
I didn't say she couldn't. Somebody else asked why she is even in the thread (right here, actually):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Why are you in this thread?
to which her response was she was in the thread because it said everybody is welcome. I simply told her that just because it says everybody is welcome, does not mean you HAVE TO post in the thread, since apparently she only posted in it because it says everybody is welcome.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-06-2012, 03:59 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I didn't say she couldn't. Somebody else asked why she is even in the thread (right here, actually):

to which her response was she was in the thread because it said everybody is welcome. I simply told her that just because it says everybody is welcome, does not mean you HAVE TO post in the thread, since apparently she only posted in it because it says everybody is welcome.
That's your interpretation--but I also saw her asking questions....and I think suggesting she doesn't need to post is about the same as saying "stay out"--just my perspective in reading through.
As for the rudeness...again, I think in a different thread, other's comments are rude. Do I agree with the way she worded that? No--but I just want to be clear that it doesn't mean she can't view/post in the thread!
Old 11-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I don't think that she doesn't need to post anything ever but there have been multiple posts from her saying borderline (or soemtimes outright) insulting things about pregnant women and their bodies and what they are doing with it in this thread (and in other threads) and I think this was just the post that broke the camels back and made everyone wonder why post here if she has such a distaste for pregnant women.

I don't think anyone is prepared to run her out of town or anything but what she said was hurtful to some people and Chaz has never been a place where people hold in their feelings when someone feels like they are being insulted lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I see pregger women at the store waddling around & I think "why do that to yourself?" It's seems so ... Unattractive lol (don't mean to be insensitive ... Just saying) also I she seen a lot of women after baby & it's not mug better ... No thanks, not worth it for me.
Lucky for me I don’t base all attractiveness on outward appearance, neither does my DH

I had a weird shaped belly that spread out to the sides and was uneven with one twin butt and one twin head pushing it out more on one side than the other. I had to wear a bandaid on my belly button that was red and raw, I had a giant greenish blue vein etched all over my right breast, and I grew hair in places no woman should ever grow hair.
DH laughed right along with me, cut my toenails when I could no longer reach them, helped me shave my legs, and when I had a placental abruption and bled like a stuck pig he was the one helping me out of my blood soaked pants and underwear and in to the hospital gown.

Nearly 10 years later, my body has spread and sagged, my hair is greying, my eyes stay crinkled even after I stop smiling, and guess what? DH continues to find me attractive, and even better, so do I
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
I see pregger women at the store waddling around & I think "why do that to yourself?" It's seems so ... Unattractive lol (don't mean to be insensitive ... Just saying) also I she seen a lot of women after baby & it's not mug better ... No thanks, not worth it for me.
Thing is... age is going to catch up with EVERYONE, and there isn't a way to escape it. Look at Diane Keaton, who is nearing 70 years old age:

I think she looks AWESOME for being in her sixties... but she still has wrinkles and I'm sure a head of grey hair underneath the brown. MOST SIXTY SIX YEAR OLD WOMEN DO NOT LOOK LIKE THIS. Chances are, you will be more wrinkly and saggier than her, and it's something you are going to have to live with. Even if you have tons of money to drop on plastic surgery, you're still not going to ever look "young" again.

From all of the threads about babies and breastfeeding, you sound VERY concerned about what people think about your appearance. Breast feeding is weird and only non-human animals should do it. Pregnancy gives you a huge belly and makes you unattractive.

I know you mentioned a handful of times that your boyfriend/fiance is controlling. Does he think pregnancy is disgusting? Is he concerned about the possibility of your body changing? Because if he IS, and this is a big reason why you don't want children, you should really consider leaving him. Someone who TRULY loves you doesn't care if you have a few extra stretch marks and some saggy skin. You're going to have it sooner or later, anyway.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Thing is... age is going to catch up with EVERYONE, and there isn't a way to escape it. Look at Diane Keaton, who is nearing 70 years old age:

I think she looks AWESOME for being in her sixties... but she still has wrinkles and I'm sure a head of grey hair underneath the brown. MOST SIXTY SIX YEAR OLD WOMEN DO NOT LOOK LIKE THIS. Chances are, you will be more wrinkly and saggier than her, and it's something you are going to have to live with. Even if you have tons of money to drop on plastic surgery, you're still not going to ever look "young" again.

From all of the threads about babies and breastfeeding, you sound VERY concerned about what people think about your appearance. Breast feeding is weird and only non-human animals should do it. Pregnancy gives you a huge belly and makes you unattractive.

I know you mentioned a handful of times that your boyfriend/fiance is controlling. Does he think pregnancy is disgusting? Is he concerned about the possibility of your body changing? Because if he IS, and this is a big reason why you don't want children, you should really consider leaving him. Someone who TRULY loves you doesn't care if you have a few extra stretch marks and some saggy skin. You're going to have it sooner or later, anyway.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Let it be

Quote:
It was worth it to me and every other mother in this thread... and hey... my kids are 2 years apart, last one came out 3 weeks ago. This was taken 9 days postpartum. So suck on that.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:58 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
It was worth it to me and every other mother in this thread... and hey... my kids are 2 years apart, last one came out 3 weeks ago. This was taken 9 days postpartum. So suck on that.

I <3 you but I hate you

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie