Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Top Dog

If we had everything planned perfect we would not have even tried till my mom retired which I had miscalculated and thought was last year lol! Now I am wondering when I can manage number two with work since I used all my sick time already and no pay for three months kinds screws all. Wanted to have three right together but financially how will that work? So realistically probably another two years. Keep telling myself not to overthink it though as I'll never have another then.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 08-23-2014, 10:33 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I think we'll be waiting to try until after Michael's deployment. Which is kind of disappointing...but honestly, it is probably for the best. We'll be in a much better position financially then, and it will give us a bit more time to get settled. Still kind of sucks, though.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
So, you know how I mentioned that DH was suddenly thinking we needed to wait a while? Well he recalculated a few things and it looks like we are looking at TTC starting in February. Excited/terrified.
Yay, that is exciting!! I did photos every week when I was prego, until 35 weeks when I just didn't want to contemplate the idea of being pregnant for 5-7 more. Lol.

We were going to evaluate when Falon hit 18 months but I think we're going to wait until 2 years instead. There's a lot of job and potential move things happening and I just don't feel ready to start trying again. Still kind of sad though, there's a giant baby wave happening all around me and it makes me miss the tiny squish stage.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 08-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Which is kind of disappointing...but honestly, it is probably for the best. We'll be in a much better position financially then, and it will give us a bit more time to get settled. Still kind of sucks, though.
I know those feels! (((hugs))) It's hard to look at these things logically sometimes!

Old 08-25-2014, 04:24 AM
Top Dog

We also put TTC on hold after back to back family emergencies it might be a long while, a year + til we try again. Waiting does suck, especially when your kid suddenly becomes a huge lanky opinionated toddler and just isn't an infant anymore at all.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-25-2014, 10:08 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Your bump is so cute, Dizzy!

I did belly shots every week, except I missed a few weeks here and there, especially towards the end. I loved being pregnant and I miss it! I don't want another child for at least a couple of years, though! Definitely don't want more than one in diapers at the same time.

She's 6 weeks old and smiley now! AND she's sleeping 6-7 hours straight through every night on average now. It's amazing.

_DSC8237.jpg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

_DSC8229.jpg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

We went to the beach last week and put her toes in the water!

Toes in the water! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

First beach adventure! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 08-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
We also put TTC on hold after back to back family emergencies it might be a long while, a year + til we try again. Waiting does suck, especially when your kid suddenly becomes a huge lanky opinionated toddler and just isn't an infant anymore at all.
Solidarity. Where did my baby go and who is this toddler with Opinions??

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 08-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Top Dog

Yeahhh...but then your opinionated toddler hands you a rock, says "Tatu!" (Thank you!) and your heart melts.

A coworker just had a baby and I squished her this week. I could hear my ovaries screaming. We're still not trying/not preventing.

But in discussing with my coworker, it's clear that in a lot of cases, the newborn period sucks.
Huge.
So much.
Ev screamed for 8 weeks straight.

It was still worth it but I wish someone had prepped me and said how much it might suck and that it's still normal and okay and it will end. So there, preggos. I've now said it. Your baby might cry a ton, but it won't be your fault and you'll still be doing a great job.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:53 AM
Top Dog

Love the pictures! So cute!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Top Dog

Lillian also says Tatu for thank you when she hands you stuff (all the rocks!). Toddlers do rock, I loveeeee this age! But I miss stuff like her sleeping on me, nursing, and the little firsts like her first laugh...but partially I think I was on a bit of a hormone high earlier on and now I'm my regular unstable self, I guess it's usually the opposite.

Lillian rocked as a newborn! It was like... 3-8 months that was tough. Now the hardest part is keeping her contained and the house not covered in food. I can deal with a "we sit on the couch, not jump on it" tantrum much easier than I can deal with 5 hours of "hold me 75 degrees from your body facing outward walking at a 3 mile per hour pace in a 68 degree room with the lights dimmed" haha

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com