Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I'm not finding out the sex but we have our scan on the same day
We had SO much fun not knowing with Winnie, but this time we're finding out so we know weather to keep what we have or trade it in. I'd love to not find out again, but hubby really wants to for convenience sake, so we are.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Chihuahua Power!

We didn't do any gender reveal photos, but I think they look like a ton of fun, especially when you have other children! I love the ones where the older siblings release a box of blue or pink balloons.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Top Dog

How do you deal with shopping when you don't know the sex? I'm asking because when we were waiting, we bought a lot of gender neutral stuff, but in the end when we got our babies we almost never used them... I know it shouldn't matter, but when you have a girl, you don't really want to dress her in gender neutral greens and yellows, lol. We never even bothered with the nursery until later though, so it wasn't a problem (and plain white sheets worked just fine for the cribs).

I guess you could just buy a few onesies, go neutral for car seats, and go shopping when the baby is born...
Old 07-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

I think you do a lot of gender neutral and than buy for what you have later. My nursery was gender neutral as was all of my "stuff" even though I knew I was having a girl..and for me some of the neutral clothes were my favorite outfits
Old 07-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

We bought a lot of green actually, then when she was born accessorized - a pink tutu with the green onesie, purple flowered headband, etc. We also only bought newborn size and a few 0-3 months, plus white onesies that I dyed after she was born. We didn't live anywhere where we could paint so nursery color didn't matter. We coslept while she was BF anyway.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
I know it shouldn't matter, but when you have a girl, you don't really want to dress her in gender neutral greens and yellows, lol.
I did, and still do. I have a rather large problem with the color by gender thing though. Falon actually wore a lot of "boy" clothes as a small fry because they were given to us. /shrug

I don't know if I would dress a baby boy in obviously girl clothes though - I don't like that about myself and I think it's something I'd have to get over if we were to have a boy in the future. I have no problem with a boy dressing themselves in girl clothes (which makes my internal double standard weird).

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 07-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Top Dog

Maybe it's because I don't like yellow and green, lol. But I liked girl clothes better, even when they don't come in pink or purple... they're just cuter.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:04 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

We had a lot of gender neutral stuff that was really cute. Animals and stuff on the clothes and I wanted something with cows on it for her nursery and the only thing I could find was nursery rhyme stuff and it was yellow anyway lol.

When she was born, we bought stuff for a girl and she had plenty. I have no issue with buying cute gender geared stuff and I only get to dress her for so long so I was going to dress her in whatever I thought was cute lol. Now she picks out her outfits for the day and she is SUPER girly and if she's not wearing a dress then she has to at least have a skirt on. That's her thing not mine lol. I didn't really put her in dresses as an infant and when she was a toddler I did put her in summer dresses because... SO convenient for diaper changes lol.

but she likes BRIGHT and COLORFUL and SPARKLES galore lol. Doesn't have to be pink but she does have a special place in her heart for pink stuff lol. however, she has been known to go out in red cowgirl boots, tye dye shirt, tutu and a camouflage hat lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Well my oh wants to know... Gutted lol we have a gender neutral idea for the nursery and we can jazz it up later when it will appreciate it more. Pretty sure we will buy lots after its born anyway so will get a few bits and bobs before.

It's exciting I can't wait for oh to tell me boy or girl after its born.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
It's exciting I can't wait for oh to tell me boy or girl after its born.
Absolute BEST part of the whole thing!!!