Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 PM
No thumbs = No mutiny

Good to hear! I have been stopping the nursing for a short period and distracting him.

I think we will be getting him an amber bead necklace. His teething really seems to bother him.

River---Kya---Chloe---Fiona

Check out hairless dog rescue:
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AB20.html
Old 06-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Top Dog

Jessie- I think BG will be great! For some reason it's not what I went with- but I know they're definitely most popular! Are free times and elementals pockets or AIOs?

Okay so guys- I had 3 babies in my house today (made them all wear my cloth diapers and wool covers while I wait to get my DD bahahha. It was quite fun- their moms were good sports about it! It was a lot of fun).

Anyway, I realized how much more of an issue dog hair is with sweaty, drooly, crawling babies. Am I the only one really struggling with dog fur EVERYWHERE?! I admit I'm not great about brushing- maybe every other week I get them brushed. Will that make a HUGE difference- do it every other day or something?

Also any anti shedding treatments that work?

How do you keep your house relatively dog hair free with babies crawling around? I'm so anxious about it after today! Dog hair everywhere- I was embarrassed!

And just for visual fun- the babies in the cloth diapers:

Erin Bell
Milford, Ct

mom of Jude Nathaniel, Jonah Samuel, and puppy in the sky- Francis Gabriel
expecting baby girl from Ethiopia in 2015!
my site
Old 06-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Top Dog

Uhm, my babies just crawled in hair Its good for them, builds the immune system

I did keep the dogs out of the nursery and they have always been gated out of the kitchen so I had some dog free zones if needed but otherwise, whatever
Old 06-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Top Dog

I accept definitely some hair!! haha part of life! But I guess I just hate how MUCH there is. I never have had the shedding thing under control. I also cut chicken out of their life as they shed worse on it I find- but they still shed a ton!!! I feel discouraged!!

Erin Bell
Milford, Ct

mom of Jude Nathaniel, Jonah Samuel, and puppy in the sky- Francis Gabriel
expecting baby girl from Ethiopia in 2015!
my site
Old 07-01-2014, 02:05 AM
Sit! Good dog.

We already have strategically placed baby gates anyway! So we can kind of corral the dogs without them feeling shut out. I assume this will help us in the long term!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-01-2014, 06:31 AM
Top Dog

Brushing them more often will definitely help, so will blow drying them with forced air dryers. And assuming they're eating a good quality food, I wouldn't say supplements will help much.

Lillian crawls all in the hair (even with no/low shedding breeds, the hair is awful). I just vacuum right before other babies come over lol.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 07-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Behavior Nerd

I've noticed a great deal less hair since we got our Roomba because we can run it while doing other things. It helps that we have mostly laminate floors, too - Roomba can do a much better job on hard floors than our area rugs ime.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Nora's just going to have to crawl through the fur I'll vacuum/sweep daily to keep it to a minimum, but inevitably it's going to be impossible to get rid of all the fur. We have all bamboo/tile floors.

I do have certain rooms already gated off from the dogs (our den, our pub/sitting room, Nora's bedroom), so those are already fur free zones

The Freetimes and Elementals are AIOs. She'll be in newborn cloth until she hits about 12lbs, and I have a ton of variety trying to get a feel for what I like. I think the BumGenius and the Thirsties AIOs are the winners for us

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Top Dog

This is not a really great pic of my daughter (she is making a weird face) and is just a simple phone pic of a random moment...but after I took it I had a "Holy ****! My little girl is growing up" moment.

They really grow so fast....

She is 8 1/2

Old 07-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I think we just agreed on a girls name!! It feels right, I feel quite excited about it (rather than just 'yeah I like it'). Now to try and settle on a boys name.... I suspect we won't have a boy name picked out till it's here and we know it's a boy. We just don't like any!!!!

Why are boy names so difficult?!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein