Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-24-2014, 09:33 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I learned we cN add paper towels and such to
Our compost pile and even the cardboard tubes

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

We officially switched Clive full time to his new daycare. He's thriving there and no more tearful handoffs in the morning. So refreshing! He will still have a month off, but will start again in August
Old 06-27-2014, 08:10 PM
No thumbs = No mutiny

Has anyone tried the amber teething necklaces? Do they seem to help?

Gabe is popping out teeth like a baby shark lately (8 in the past 2 months).

Also, how to dissuade teething babies from biting while they are nursing? I've tried lightly tapping his nose, and I've tried blowing gently in his face. He is surprised and stops the first time, but he tries again. Painful!

River---Kya---Chloe---Fiona

Check out hairless dog rescue:
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AB20.html
Old 06-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Top Dog

We have an amber teething necklace. I wouldn't bet it helps with the pain (although it might, she's not very fussy) but it seriously reduced her drooling during teething so that alone was worth it. Plus they're cute as heck.

I stopped breastfeeding before teeth, but general consensus of the mommy and me group is give them one warning "ouch!" Or "no!" Firmly, and if they bite again, end the nursing session. Put them down, turn away, etc. Repeat this until they realize biting = ending the nursing session.

I'm absolutely loving toddlerhood!

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 06-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I don't like the trapped wind/stomach pains this baby causes me! Not sure what sets it off, but it HURTS!

In other news, apparently it can hear now so I'm gonna be talking to it a lot. And looking mad as I don't look pregnant at all. Just chunky!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-27-2014, 10:35 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Hannah had her first sleep over tonight with some friends in the neighborhood. They had a great time. Dress up, make up, hair chalk, movies, snacks, etc. only one crisis. The air mattress sprung a leak lol so we had to improvise. Moved the mattress onto the floor and piled up the boxspring with blankets to make it comfortable. We had to fit three girls and the bed itself is a single. It seems to be working out. They are sawing logs now lol.

How did she grow up
So much and so fast that we are now hosting slumber parties? Lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-28-2014, 06:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_paws View Post
Has anyone tried the amber teething necklaces? Do they seem to help?

Gabe is popping out teeth like a baby shark lately (8 in the past 2 months).

Also, how to dissuade teething babies from biting while they are nursing? I've tried lightly tapping his nose, and I've tried blowing gently in his face. He is surprised and stops the first time, but he tries again. Painful!

16 teeth at a year and no complaints. Maybe she's just a good teether or maybe the necklace helped.

For biting, I agree with MM, though if I had said "ouch!" Ev laughed and thought it was a game. When she bit I would calmly tuck m breast away, calmly say "No biting, that hurts mama" and set her down on the floor. Then try again in a few minutes. Also, I took it as a sign that she was uncomfortable so I would give Advil.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Top Dog

Oh, also, it appears that Ev is well and truly growing up. She now STTN in her own crib and only nurses once a day on average. Huge sigh.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Top Dog

I never really had to deal with biters but Cian did try it once or twice. But yes, basically a quick lesson in consequences, when you bite, the milk goes away. Keep it very calm and simple.

The amber necklaces, they did seem to work for me. Nothing miraculous or anything but kind of a steady low key influence.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:03 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I bought a little onesie today. Felt soooooooooooooo weird and wrong!!

We aren't shopping till after the 20 week anomaly scan, but I wanted a souvenir.... I know it can't jinx anything in reality but I just daren't shop yet!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein