Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Sit! Good dog.

And my Facebook post lol:

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Last edited by Dizzy; 06-09-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Behavior Nerd

Hehe I love the announcement pic, Dizzy!

Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Wookie Collie

Dizzy you win for best announcement pic. I especially like that your girl dog is reading What To Expect and your sporting breed boy is reading a baby "manual".

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 06-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Woah didn't realise how big that photo was...!

And only one person thought Bodhi was having puppies
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Top Dog

Default 8

Haha it's awesome Dizzy!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I want to work part time and be at home part time. I think that would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, daycare costs destroy that little fantasy.

I'm soooo lucky to have this arrangement, even though it sucks financially.

I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7:30-2:00 and Saturdays from 8:00-3:00. Ev is at a great home daycare during the week where she gets to do way more fun stuff than we did at home, she gets to play with other kids and then I get to pick her up after nap time. Then my husband watches her on Saturday.

I might be extending my hours a bit at the end of July for money reasons though. Boooo!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

I know most of you all breastfed, but did anyone have experience switching the child to whole milk (at 1) or any other milk, and have them lose interest in eating and want the bottle more?

I've noticed a slightly decreased appetite from Lil (still eating, but less than usual), but she still seems hungry, just disinterested in what she's offered (usually 2-3 choices and she typically eats all I offer her) but now after only eating a little she's extremely fussy/cranky until I give her a bottle of milk (water in a bottle OR milk in a cup won't do it).

On formula, she was drinking 24 oz a day, only taking bottles before naps, bedtime, and upon waking in the AM. Now she's whining or even crying for a bottle between naps, I think she just really likes the milk!

Any tips? I tried decreasing the amount per bottle so I could give her another, but she wants more after finishing one. Should I just hold firm and hope it passes?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 06-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Top Dog

Up until 1 food is really just for fun. So at 1 I still dont expect it to be a huge part of their actual diet...I know at 1 my daughter was still nursing for probably 75-85% of her diet...and that sometimes would go up or down even more. My son really liked food so ate more at that age.

I would guess possible growth spurt OR just because its new she is more into it. I try really hard to not make any battles about food at this age so personally I think I would let it go for a bit to see if it wanes on its own...and if not work on more distractions or limits? I dont really know though since I didnt switch to milk ever.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I did Milo. The girls really stopped eating when we went to milk at a little before one. I is a thicker liquid and is more filling is what i Hypothesized ( if i am right who knows but makes sense to me) . In order for them to actually EAT I had to get rid of the bottle for anything but before bed. None at nap and none any other time. If they had a bottle during the day (cause I caved to them demanding one) then the would not eat dinner and would wake during the night for another bottle.
If I stuck to my guns and NO BOTTLE during the day , then they ate and slept properly.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Top Dog

IME MM, that's pretty normal. We switched Falon from breastmilk to cow milk during the day a little after 1 year. She still goes back and forth between eating massive amounts of solid food and drinking massive amounts of milk.

Unless she's underweight I would try not to worry about it (I know it's hard!). When Falon is teething she will straight up refuse to eat. I think the rubbery bits of bottles/sippy cups feel good on her gums? I don't know, but I bet Lillian evens out soon.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013