Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
I stayed home with Winnie for eighteen months... I was miserable the whole time and just wanted to go back to work. We're expecting (due January 1) and I'm only planning to stay home the requisite six weeks and I'll be back in the salon. It's not that I didn't love being home with Winnie, it was just that even with school I wanted more than just to be home with her.
WHAT! Congrats!! I'm super excited for you.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 06-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Top Dog

I have absolutely no desire to be a sahm, but also, we could not afford it. We have some big things, huge changes, that we are considering so that may be a moot point anyway.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:49 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I definitely plan on meeting hubby for lunch about once a week. He works ~25 minutes from home, but if he were closer we'd meet more often. We actually work together now, so it's just very easy to leave for lunch together!

I plan on joining some groups once Nora is old enough. We also have some amazing parks around here so it will be nice to pack her up and go for a couple of hours. We live in an area with tons of things to do fortunately!

I'm very blessed that we make enough money to not have to make a big lifestyle change. We'll be able to take a big trip every year which would've been a hard thing for me to give up. I'm very excited to be at home- it's what I've wanted and I feel like I am going to love it.
yeah, now that hubby works SO far from home (an hour and fifteen minutes one way) we don't get to meet him for lunch anymore BUT he does get to work from home two days a week now so that's a nice compromise lol.

It seems to be feast or famine around here as far as getting out of the house. When she was an infant and I didn't have a license or a vehicle I never left the house. Now I'm practically begging for a day at home lol. We are ALWAYS on the go somewhere BUT I am glad that we can get all our stuff done during the day so that evenings are spent at home with hubby as a family and not running from one social engagement or sport or lesson to another all night. Once I'm home I like to STAY home lol.

Thankfully Brian has a good job and provides more than enough for us. We have to make some sacrifices of course. Our house is small but it's easily within our means and we have to be mindful about purchases but we can also go out for lunch or dinner without breaking the bank and we can take our Disney vacation each year.

The dynamic if we are able to have a baby will be interesting to get used to but we'll make it work I'm thinking I'm going to have to go with a wrap of some kind so I can do a lot of baby wearing (which I didn't really do with Hannah much) so that we can keep up with our schedule lol especially from September to May

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

I want to work part time and be at home part time. I think that would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, daycare costs destroy that little fantasy.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 06-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, the other day Shane was talking about how it'd be perfect if we could "share" a job...like have the same skill set and whatnot and I could go to work for him once or twice a week. Lol, we can dream!

I really, really don't know what the future holds. Originally I vaguely planned to finish school by the time Lil was four, find a job, put like two years in, and have another with a big gap when she was 6ish.

Now having a family with close in age kids seems important, and I love being home with her and would hate to miss that with future kidlets. But I can't imagine giving up my career dreams, and I'm not positive we can afford for me to take my sweet time with school if it also means day care. We're leaning heavily towards more kids, but I'm ok with money being tight and making sacrifices. If we can only afford a camping vacation and my kids share a room, I'm fine with it, but I'm not sure I'll be ok with not having the money for horseback riding lessons or whatever.

Grown up decisions are hard.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 06-05-2014, 03:09 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I'm 12 weeks today this may change Monday when I have my dating scan, but is right according to my last scan! Massive milestone! Been listening to the heartbeat, which is amazing! It's getting proper active though, as I'm finding it moves about more in there when I listen. Actually, it has been super active at all of my scans, so I think it may just be a wriggler!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Top Dog

Good luck, Dizzy! Lil was a wriggler in utero and now she doesn't stop moving til she falls asleep. She's a runner, a climber, escape artist, into EVERYTHING, and I'm perpetually chasing her, except when she's napping and I'm mentally preparing for the next round.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 06-05-2014, 05:40 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Ha well knowing my oh it wouldn't surprise me. He never stops either! So if its anything like him it wont either! Fred will love it. Bodhi on the other hand is going to want to send it back where it came from.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Two more sleeps, Dizzy!!!

I
Old 06-08-2014, 05:42 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Two more sleeps, Dizzy!!!

I
One more sleep!!!!