Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-02-2014, 01:39 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I'm with Dizzy- If you're ready to TTC, then why wait until the vary last minute basically? I know our case is different, but I also know of a lot of other people who needed longer to conceive, definitely longer than 3 months. While that would be awesome, I wouldn't plan on it, personally.

At the very least, I'd start taking prenatal and charting, so you get to know your cycle.
I don't know if this was directed towards me or not, but for us, if it happens during the three months, it happens...If it doesn't, it doesn't, and we don't mind waiting until he's back home to try again. Obviously nothing is certain, but I want to try and have it so he will able to be home for the birth. That isn't something I want to do without him if at all possible. If we started trying now, and I were to get pregnant next month against all odds, I'd be going through the late stages of pregnancy, birth, and first few months of life by myself. I'll do that if I have to...but we want to try to avoid it if possible. At this point, there aren't any cons to waiting. We can try again when he's home for 16 months next June.

Definitely intend to start charting/prenatals!

Old 06-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

Congrats Dizzy!

Also. I have a one year old. A toddler. How?

But seriously. One year olds are so cool.

And one of her trying to put my bracelet on Incorrigible Dog's head. Because reasons.

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

Awwww......one is my favorite age
Old 06-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Love the photos. I've stalked this thread a long time.

I had a brilliant hormone meltdown in bed. Crying for no reason except "I'm tired and my nose is stuffy all the time" which sounded so stupid I started laughing. Crying and laughing at the same time is a skill I'm getting quite good at.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I don't know if this was directed towards me or not, but for us, if it happens during the three months, it happens...If it doesn't, it doesn't, and we don't mind waiting until he's back home to try again. Obviously nothing is certain, but I want to try and have it so he will able to be home for the birth. That isn't something I want to do without him if at all possible. If we started trying now, and I were to get pregnant next month against all odds, I'd be going through the late stages of pregnancy, birth, and first few months of life by myself. I'll do that if I have to...but we want to try to avoid it if possible. At this point, there aren't any cons to waiting. We can try again when he's home for 16 months next June.

Definitely intend to start charting/prenatals!
It was somewhat directed at you.. But I understand, that's a big factor to, uh, factor in. I have a bunch of OPKs at home... I hope I don't jinx myself by offering them up for grabs, but if you'd like to have them, I'll mail them to you. They are not the fancy $20 for a 5 pack you get at CVS, but they work just fine. I bought a big pack on Amazon a few months ago (they won't expire until next year or the year after). All are individually sealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Love the photos. I've stalked this thread a long time.

I had a brilliant hormone meltdown in bed. Crying for no reason except "I'm tired and my nose is stuffy all the time" which sounded so stupid I started laughing. Crying and laughing at the same time is a skill I'm getting quite good at.
Awww... LOTS OF HUGS!! Hormones are no joke! And yeah, what's up with stuffy noses and all the sneezing all the time?!

I had my second ultrasound yesterday... Everything is moving along as it should, sprout measures at 8 weeks, which is exactly where we should be. It's amazing how it went from a little dot to a gummibear with a backpack on Food is starting to taste a little funny at times... And I'm getting more cautiously excited
Old 06-03-2014, 10:45 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Congratulations, Dizzy that's very exciting.

We have officially started TTC (wow that sounds really TMI doesn't it? lol). We decided to wait until after our trip up to Canada so I wasn't sick the whole time we were visiting with "morning" sickness lol. That would have been miserable.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-03-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm All Ears

Omg! I'm so excited for you Jules and Dizzy! and anyone else I missed that just found out! I need to check this thread more often.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Top Dog

All this is so exciting. Love the kid pictures too!
Old 06-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Thanks

It's so not exciting, it's mostly terrifying and exhausting lol!!!!!

I will feel more excited after my 12 week scan on Monday I think. Maybe. Possibly!! Even though I've seen this baby 4 times already, I'm still scared something will be wrong. I remember the sonographer saying that worry kicks in early and never goes!

Might announce it to the world after my scan though, will make life sooo much easier not being secretive. Only my immediate family know currently
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Good luck, Tanya! I hope it happens quickly for you guys!

Falon and Everleigh are so adorable. I can't believe that they're both over a year old already!

Dizzy, it is true that the worries continue even after you hit the second trimester. I STILL worry and I'm sure the worries will get even worse once she's outside of me

We waited until 12 or 13 weeks (I believe) before announcing it to anyone (except for family and close friends).

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep