Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Thank you guys! So, the first blood test confirmed that I'm pregnant.. I'll have to go back tomorrow to see if all moves along as it is supposed to. I just so on edge, thinking that it won't last/stick.

I know, Jessie, it's amazing how much effort is needed to go into this. "Honey, put a note in your calendar, sex at 5 pm tomorrow!"
I'm sure your little bean will stick! I worried about this SO much in the beginning... and I still worry about something happening now even at 32 weeks along. The miscarriage calculations are in your favor, even early on. Especially if your betas are doubling at the rate they're supposed to. Once you hear/see a heartbeat (I did via ultrasound at 8 weeks), the rates go WAY down.

How far along are you now? It's amazing how quickly time will fly- it's simultaneously been the slowest and quickest time period of my life! I still can't believe if I go into labor in TWO weeks that they won't stop it

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Top Dog

I thought my pregnancy flew by (especially the end) until Lillian was born. Now the past year feels like it was three months long.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I'm sure your little bean will stick! I worried about this SO much in the beginning... and I still worry about something happening now even at 32 weeks along. The miscarriage calculations are in your favor, even early on. Especially if your betas are doubling at the rate they're supposed to. Once you hear/see a heartbeat (I did via ultrasound at 8 weeks), the rates go WAY down.

How far along are you now? It's amazing how quickly time will fly- it's simultaneously been the slowest and quickest time period of my life! I still can't believe if I go into labor in TWO weeks that they won't stop it
My second beta came back and my levels doubled (actually a bit more than doubled), so that's really good. My first ultrasound is scheduled for the 19th. Now I'm super worried that there won't be a heartbeat. I guess the worry never stops.

My periods are all over the place, so I am not sure... My best guess is about 3 weeks. So really early. I'm really tired and my boobs are sore and I am experiencing some twinges.

In 2 weeks already?! So, are you prepared?

Last edited by Jules; 05-09-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
My second beta came back and my levels doubled (actually a bit more than doubled), so that's really good. My first ultrasound is scheduled for the 19th. Now I'm super worried that there won't be a heartbeat. I guess the worry never stops.
YAY!! That's really awesome news. The worry really doesn't stop - the only thing I've found is to not let myself dwell on things (easier said than done I know, especially in the early days).

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Top Dog

Woohoo! Welcome to the world of constant worrying
Old 05-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Top Dog

Happy mothers' day all!
Old 05-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Behavior Nerd

I held a 3 month old baby today and she didn't immediately start screaming, nor did I drop her. Win! LOL

Old 05-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

How was everyone's first Mother's Day?

Transitioning from infancy to toddlerhood is so weird. Lillian's walking all over, says a few words, eats everything you put in front of her, and her life's goal is climb as humanely possibly on the most unstable structures around.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:

My periods are all over the place, so I am not sure... My best guess is about 3 weeks. So really early. I'm really tired and my boobs are sore and I am experiencing some twinges.

In 2 weeks already?! So, are you prepared?
That's awesome! I'm sure everything will go smoothly The first ultrasound is very exciting. It was probably the most exciting moment of my entire pregnancy so far... just getting to see the tiny little baby blob on the screen!

I'm prepared for the most part, although I'm hoping Nora will stay put until she's at least 37 weeks (4 weeks from now!). We have mostly everything we need, and we're going to have her nursery finished by the beginning of June. She's sleeping in our room for at least the first few months, though.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Let it be

I didn't even really prepare for Blake because I found 99.9% of everything just a novelty with Briggs. Blake's pregnancy flew by. Actually the whole four years since having kids has.

And toddlers are weird little creatures. Blake went from being a pretty easy baby (just never wanted down) to being so demanding as a toddler. Total personality switch