Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Top Dog

As someone with zero interest in having children, no envy for those who choose to become (wonderful!) parents, I found Dogdragoness' comments rude and more than a little silly.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Disposable diapers versus reusable diapers?

Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of both and HOW exactly reusable ones work?
I think Breeze got most of it covered, lol.

You can buy cheaper disposables though. We used generics for 16 months (until one of mine started leaking through them), and coupons, and it cost us less than 15c each.

Something that people don't really count with reusables though is the cost of water, detergent (can do your own for cheap though) and the wear on your washing machine/dryer. Plus the time you spend doing laundry. In our case we had to move to an apartment and had to pay like $4 per load of laundry so I'm so glad we never invested in cloth, it would have cost more in the end (and I really considered cloth but had no time to prepare then was too overwhelmed to even consider more laundry).

Also a lot of daycares don't accept cloth.

About the whole unattractive thing... why are you in that thread, seriously? It's like if I went to a thread where you post pictures of your dog and said I really find those dogs ugly. I didn't want to get pregnant but the way I'd look was the last thing on my mind lol, I just didn't really want to deal with morning sickness and childbirth.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Interestingly, most people find it rude to be called unattractive. I am one of them.
But she said she wasn't being insensitive, so it's ok!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

If a woman is self conscious then maybe she, like me (who is body conscious ... Vince my reason not to become a parent among others) should have taken that In to consideration

Just saying.

I'm not insulting anyone, I didn't call anyone unattractive "to their face" it was just a generalized statement pertaining to how in general women feel about their changing bodies not a statement directed at anyone in particular.

I have a right to my opinion as do you, but if someone has a differing opinion from me I don't call it "silly" or offensive

Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

Its funny but I honestly felt more attractive pregnant, waddling, swollen and all...and my husband agreed

If someone is that concerned with their looks that they base whether or not to have kids on it I think they need help, sounds like a really bad self esteem issue.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Top Dog

... in a thread aimed at moms and moms to be. That's a lot more 'to their face' than saying it in a thread about barhopping or something.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
If a woman is self conscious then maybe she, like me (who is body conscious ... Vince my reason not to become a parent among others) should have taken that In to consideration

Just saying.

I'm not insulting anyone, I didn't call anyone unattractive "to their face" it was just a generalized statement pertaining to how in general women feel about their changing bodies not a statement directed at anyone in particular.
Not anyone in particular, the general pregnant population it would have been less rude to say it to somebody specifically, actually.

Again, why are you in this thread, other than to insult people?
There's nothing I hate more than somebody who won't stand up for what they said and just backtracks when asked about it, because they are behind a computer "I didn't mean YOU pregnant people, just all the other pregnant people!"

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

Just saying.

I have a right to my opinion as do you, but if someone has a differing opinion from me I don't call it "silly" or offensive
And I have a right to think your dog is ugly, I won't just say it to your face (just an example, I have no idea what kind of dog you have).

Plus you could just have said that you really don't want pregnancy to mess up your body, nobody would have been offended by that... but asking people why they put themselves through it because it's so unattractive, that's rude.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

Just saying.

/facepalm

Someone being self conscious isn't the point. You being rude and insensitive is the point. I'm not sure how much more "to their face" you could get than coming into a thread of pregnant/priorly pregnant women and calling ALL OF THEM, as a group, unattractive.

Quote:
It's seems so ... Unattractive lol (don't mean to be insensitive ... Just saying) also I she seen a lot of women after baby & it's not mug better ... No thanks, not worth it for me.
This is not a statement about how women feel about their changing bodies, this is a statement about how YOU feel about pregnant women.

Seriously, I don't usually feed the trolls but....you are either being deliberately obtuse or you genuinely have no social skills.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 AM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Its funny but I honestly felt more attractive pregnant, waddling, swollen and all...and my husband agreed

If someone is that concerned with their looks that they base whether or not to have kids on it I think they need help, sounds like a really bad self esteem issue.
I didnt at first with Bev but I was 19 and it was crazy. After my friend said that though my whole thought process changed.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie