Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

Tanya, I know from experience age is a minute factor in sibling relationships, and how parents foster those relationships are so much more important!

Jessie, Nora is a gorgeous name! I liked it for future children but my boring SO said no!

I love cloth diapering, but couldn't really get dad and grandparents on board. I hope you post pictures of the diapers you get!!

I just love this stage of being a mom! On Easter Lillian played with a distant family-by-marriage 90 year old wheelchair bound woman, bringing her toys, climbing in her lap, etc. I was so happy. She just dances and plays and learns all the time. She's turning into a little person with an amazing personality. Everyone with a newborn or expecting should be so excited! They get more fun every day (after they go from the cute innocent newborn stage to the cry-y needy stage).

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Chihuahua Power!

We're not sure yet if Nora is going to be an only child, or if we're going to have another. It will be easier to travel with just one child (which we plan to continue doing!). I'm going to be a stay at home mom and I'm going to home school as well. Also, we are saving for Nora's college fund as soon as she's born and it will be much easier to save for one child vs. two. I'm so torn.

I grew up as an "only child" for 10 years until my little sister was born. I really love having a sister, and I am SO happy my parents added to our family even though our age difference is quite large. On the other hand, my husband wishes he had been an only child as his sister is a very toxic person. I know that siblings don't always have close relationships and it can be really hit or miss.

I'm sure the decision will be easier once she's here and we've established a routine... even now, this baby stuff is so foreign to me!

Oh yeah... here's my weekly belly shot from today... I'm 29 weeks and 4 days along!

29 weeks! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
I might be a wee bit irrationally happy that I might have a Chaz friend (or several!) to be preggers with. LOL
Lol! It's really nice to have friends that are also preggers - I really wish I'd had an IRL pregnant friend. It might have lessened my hatred of the whole process.

Which, incidentally, is a big part of the reason we're waiting til Falon is 18 months. I'm hoping by then my memories of how much I detested being prego will have faded. Also daycare. So expensive, much monies, WOW.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 04-22-2014, 02:04 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
We're not sure yet if Nora is going to be an only child, or if we're going to have another. It will be easier to travel with just one child (which we plan to continue doing!). I'm going to be a stay at home mom and I'm going to home school as well. Also, we are saving for Nora's college fund as soon as she's born and it will be much easier to save for one child vs. two. I'm so torn.

I grew up as an "only child" for 10 years until my little sister was born. I really love having a sister, and I am SO happy my parents added to our family even though our age difference is quite large. On the other hand, my husband wishes he had been an only child as his sister is a very toxic person. I know that siblings don't always have close relationships and it can be really hit or miss.

I'm sure the decision will be easier once she's here and we've established a routine... even now, this baby stuff is so foreign to me!

Oh yeah... here's my weekly belly shot from today... I'm 29 weeks and 4 days along!

29 weeks! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr
LOL is it strange that in my mind I'm like "Hmmmm a family of 4 so we can still stay in a studio room at Disney and on two person rides no one will have to ride alone" LOL

Homeschooling is a fun adventure you obviously have lots of time but when time comes feel free to pick my brain. I've learned a lot since we started.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Behavior Nerd

Love the updated pic, Jessie! So exciting!

Sparks, I think it's awesome you're already thinking ahead to Disney trips - and since it's such a big thing for your family it totally makes sense that you'd take rides into consideration.

MM, you mentioned family not being on board with cloth diapers - have you looked into the G Diapers with the disposable lining but cloth 'shell'? I've heard great things!

Old 04-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Totally stealing marlie/marley if our time ever comes

So cute! Nora is lovely too I really like Matilda too! I hate picking names, can't imagine doing it for a human child
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-23-2014, 10:51 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

awww I was looking through some old photos and found these. I have so many pictures like this. Belle's favorite place to be. her head right next to Hannah's ALL the time lol.

wow has Belle gotten grey over the years.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-23-2014, 03:15 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

what an encouragement today has been.

We are looking after a friends almost 2 year old for the day. Hannah is having so much fun with her and is BEYOND helpful with everything from helping clean and put things away for me and helping me with our little guest.

When it was naptime, Hannah brought her a blanket and a stuffed animal to snuggle with and was concerned that the TV show she was watching in the living room might be too loud and wake her up. I think she'll make a great big sister

the dogs are driving me nuts though LOL. They are so excited and curious about our mini human visitor and they are following her EVERYWHERE lol. she's not used to dogs, let alone big ones so she's not as keen on them as they are for her lol. I had to block the hallway or they would insist on sleeping on the bed with her... only probably more smelling than sleeping.

G.K. Chesterton

Old 04-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Thanks, girls!

It's funny that you think about traveling too, Sparks. It's such a big consideration for us too, haha. Anything more than 2 kids definitely makes room arrangements harder.

We're planning a big-ish trip once Nora is about 9 months old. Not sure we want to leave the country or if we want to do something like Yellowstone. If we leave the country, we'll probably do something somewhat relaxing in Central America. We're saving bigger longer trips for when she's older. I can't wait to be able to do Peru (since we were going to do it this May before finding out we were pregnant).

Did anyone take a "baby moon" before the arrival of their baby? We're going to Key West for a few nights in 2 weeks. I'll be 32 weeks pregnant and plan on getting some sun and waddling around lol. We're going to go snorkeling, which should be interesting with my belly. Hopefully I'll float

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Bite Club

You look great Jessie!

No more babies here for a while - I don't even want to think about it yet lol

Clarissa is 14 months old and took her first steps last week. She's still just taking 1-4 steps at a time, being very cautious about the whole thing. In a few weeks we will have an official walker, most likely! Let the fun begin.

~Aura & Riley~