Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
OMG ahahahahaha that is hysterical.
How are you doing now that he's here?
Ehh...I feel like a cow with mush for brains, and he's like a pet who I haven't warmed up to yet. A coworker has a 3 month old and told me that the first 2 months they are like slugs who do nothing but eat and wiggle a little bit, and that once you get past that it gets better...so I'm holding out that once he can smile and react a little more I will bond a bit better.

Every once in a while he opens his eyes and he's kinda cute though. Of course, then he pees on himself or spits up all over me and I rethink that "cute" thing.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 03-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Ehh...I feel like a cow with mush for brains, and he's like a pet who I haven't warmed up to yet. A coworker has a 3 month old and told me that the first 2 months they are like slugs who do nothing but eat and wiggle a little bit, and that once you get past that it gets better...so I'm holding out that once he can smile and react a little more I will bond a bit better.

Every once in a while he opens his eyes and he's kinda cute though. Of course, then he pees on himself or spits up all over me and I rethink that "cute" thing.
Cranky meatloaf. I heard that phrase somewhere and it described our first several weeks perfectly. She gets cooler and cooler with age.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Top Dog

I laughed at your reaction at the hospital because I would probably have done the same thing. You'll get there. Sometimes it takes a little while, especially when you're not a baby person. It's better when they start smiling.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Errr nevermind. Don't know how to post a picture from facebook to chaz from my phone lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

Figured I haven't posted in ages, so here's a picture of my munchkins.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Bite Club

Congrats Cali!! Bonding can take some time for sure. It's great when they can start to interact and then start to do things on their own.

Clarissa is 13 months old now, and I love this stage so much. Her little personality is out of control! She's not walking yet but can cruise pretty good holding onto things.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 03-26-2014, 11:25 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Here is the picture I was trying to share the other day. My brother said she looks like a mix of Baby spice and Scary spice LOL.

I can't believe she's in first grade and she'll be 7 years old this year. Hard to believe.

I posted a video of it on facebook but the other day she was reading a My Little Pony book out loud and it has some pictures in place of some of the words and then has a legend at the front to tell you what the words are to go with the pictures. I was on picture reading duty apparently so she read everything and then I had to yell out "UNICORN" "SNOWFLAKE" "PONIES" lol. She pointed at all the words as she read along to make sure I didn't miss my cues lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Top Dog

Omg, Fran, the twins got so big!!! How old are they?? I think the last picture I saw Lisa was just starting to walk!

Hannah's so big too! Didn't she just turn 5? Lol.

Clarissa is so cute. Lillian's only 9 months, but I'm sure it's a similar stage and I also love it. She is free standing (but really only letting go of furniture, not getting up on her own) and starting to take steps if she can hold something for balance.

Karen...Lillian and I did bond right away, but I do think it will probably be much easier when your little one gets more active. Lillian definitely got a lot easier and more likable when she started crawling.

Did anyone experience serious lack of focus, attention span, memory issues, etc after giving birth? I feel like I still have "pregnancy brain". I guess maybe its sleep deprivation? It's bad enough that I want to try some supplements for it.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 03-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Did anyone experience serious lack of focus, attention span, memory issues, etc after giving birth? I feel like I still have "pregnancy brain". I guess maybe its sleep deprivation? It's bad enough that I want to try some supplements for it.
Yes! I'm back at work now which is helping a bit, but my brain still feels like its all baby all the time and my memory is still pretty bad! I think sleep dep. has a lot to do with it... even when Clarissa sleeps well (which is not a regular occurrence yet) I find myself waking up every couple of hours anyways.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 03-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Top Dog

Ahhhhhh your kids are getting so big, so fast!

MM, my brain is total, complete mush. I can't spell common words, my grammar has gone out the window. Words like past and passed suddenly baffle me. I have a university degree and I love writing. This is super distressing. I hope it gets better. I agree, sleep deprivation must be a partial explanation at least.

Ev had a 2 hour daycare trial today and it was mostly a total gong show. Ugh. I wish I could stay home for another year.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.