Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Sleep often changes too...they go into patterns of sleeping long stretches then something happens, a development or milestone, teething, illness, etc and it changes again.
Teeth are evil! Eeeeevil. And they make me feel awful, there's nothing worse than having no control over your kid suffering. :/

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 12-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Bite Club

I haven't been keeping up here as much as I should! Hope everyone is doing well. We are having sleep issues again too, after Clarissa had a two week cold last month. It all went to hell after that... sigh! I go back to work in Feb so we need to get things back on track and I need to start day-weaning as well so daycare isn't such a shock. She's not big on drinking out of cups or bottles right now. Hopefully we can get that sorted out soon... if anyone has any tips I'm all ears

Here is my favourite pic from the last little while... I call it "A girl and her giant".

~Aura & Riley~
Old 12-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Top Dog

Jen, no advice, but good luck with all that! I know how awful sleep issues can be.

Lillian had her first injury today. She fell off the couch (well, actually off her dad's lap). Thankfully she didn't land on her head or face but she did bang it after she landed. She's acting fine, but has a little bruise on her eyebrow and one on her cheekbone we're watching her super closely for any signs of something more serious, I think it was more traumatizing for us than for her. Just a huge reminder of how insanely wiggly and fast infants can be.

In happier news, she had an awesome first Christmas and is finally getting the hang of solids (yay blw)

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Top Dog

I haven't posted in so long and never via a computer (only Tapatalk!) so this is so cool/weird. I like seeing all your signatures.

Anywhoo, as for the sleeping through the night thing, Ev is still essentially EBF (we started solids but have gone back to ebf since she was having constipation/gas issues and I wanted to take a break because I'm lazy and too tired to deal with crying through the night) and she still nurses every 2 hours. I think she's one of the babies who can't physically sleep through the night. (breastmilk digests in 2 hours).

Other than that, we had a good Christmas. Except for my BIL's stupid girlfriend coming to Christmas with a stomach bug and strep throat/horrible cold and taking Ev from my FIL. Guess who is sick now? Ugh. Sick babies are so so sad.

We haven't slept at all essentially for the past two nights. I'm delirious and so thankful that hubby is off work until January 2nd.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Jen, no advice, but good luck with all that! I know how awful sleep issues can be.

Lillian had her first injury today. She fell off the couch (well, actually off her dad's lap). Thankfully she didn't land on her head or face but she did bang it after she landed. She's acting fine, but has a little bruise on her eyebrow and one on her cheekbone we're watching her super closely for any signs of something more serious, I think it was more traumatizing for us than for her. Just a huge reminder of how insanely wiggly and fast infants can be.

In happier news, she had an awesome first Christmas and is finally getting the hang of solids (yay blw)
First injuries are the worst. Blake jumped out of his highchair the other day because I forgot to buckle him in and did a faceplant. He is 14 months and it gave me a heart attack. I thought he was dying when he didn't even blink. I swear it doesn't get easier. They just get more crazy!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post

Anywhoo, as for the sleeping through the night thing, Ev is still essentially EBF (we started solids but have gone back to ebf since she was having constipation/gas issues and I wanted to take a break because I'm lazy and too tired to deal with crying through the night) and she still nurses every 2 hours. I think she's one of the babies who can't physically sleep through the night. (breastmilk digests in 2 hours )
I started and stopped solids a few times due to the same issues. Finally after a really bad painful (for both of us) episode of constipation we went back to the dr and he started her on a mild stool softener that draws water into the bowel. Apparently it's very common and this helps a lot of kids. I'm hoping her system adjusts in its own and I can slowly wean her off it without issue. But we did get a referral to a Gi ped. Just in case. And have an appt in February.

Even when Clarissa was just on breast milk she had a phase of about 6-8 weeks where she would sleep for 6+ hour stretches. So it is possible. Co sleeping though might make it harder though. Hope she feels better soon! Congested babies are so sad.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 12-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

I feel like if I could get her to drink some water, it might help. But since this third tooth, she's refused all bottles or sippy cups. Oh well.

She must have heard me talking about her. We had our best night EVER last night! We went to bed around 9:30, she was up at 12 and 1:30 for a quick and quiet nursing sessions, then not again until 6:30 then back to sleep until 9:30! I haven't slept so well since before I was pregnant!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 12-28-2013, 11:14 AM
F150 and a .30-06

I hate coughs. Every winter Katie gets a horrible cough. Literally ALL winter. It's a loose cough with little to no phlem. Drs say her lungs are slightly inflamed every winter. She goes through a stage about 1/4 of the way through of fevers every other day. So all the drs do is prescribe asthma meds and sometimes anti biotics. Well that's great and all except you have told me she does not has asthma and maybe the meds will help. Well they don't. How about finding out WHY she coughs?!! Did you ever think of that one?!

I just hate watching her cough. We have a purifier in our room. We don't think it's allergies to the cats since its gone in the summer. Grrr!

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 12-29-2013, 06:30 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
I feel like if I could get her to drink some water, it might help. But since this third tooth, she's refused all bottles or sippy cups. Oh well.

She must have heard me talking about her. We had our best night EVER last night! We went to bed around 9:30, she was up at 12 and 1:30 for a quick and quiet nursing sessions, then not again until 6:30 then back to sleep until 9:30! I haven't slept so well since before I was pregnant!
Yay for sleep!! I had the same issue with sippy cups and bottles. She's rarely had a bottle and wasn't into the sippy cup. I used a syringe that you get at the pharmacy to give them meds. She loves it lol and it's an easier way to get fluids into her. I just bought a straw cup and she is doing much better with that. I read that BF babies take to the straw cups easier sometimes because it's more sucking involved. So maybe try that and put some diluted juice in it so she likes the flavour and wants to drink more.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 12-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

That's a good idea. I have one bottle-- it has a silicone infant nipple but also a silicone toddler nipple. She is very slowly starting to try and use the toddler nipple. Yay!

JennSLK-- that's so frustrating! Poor kiddo! Could it be something related to the heat? I don't know anything about duct cleaning but would that be worth it?