Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Nurse called with my ultrasounds results this morning... which was a little concerning since they said they would call sooner if there was a problem BUT she said everything looks good. Baby's heart rate is 169!

due date changed a little bit so now it's May 30th :)

Torch

I go next week to get tested for GBS, and then after that I go every week for a check up. I haven't had a cervical or vaginal check in forever, my midwife said I can ask for one next week if I want. I think I'll pass until maybe 38-39 weeks. No sense getting my hopes up about being dilated lol.

Overall I still feel really good. My sciatica pain has subsided and I'm still very active. Some hip pain and leg cramps, but nothing serious. My appetite has been kind of poorly the last month or so, so I haven't gained much weight at all. Baby is still measuring great and is healthy. Basically I take my vitamins, drink milk, and drink fruit and vegetable juices lol. Otherwise all I really want is snacks-cheese, grapes, stuff like that. For the last month I've eaten grilled chicken and a half baked potato for dinner about four times a week lol.

I've had very few cravings for sweets or junk food. Recently I've craved vanilla ice cream but eaten very little. Usually I take a few bites of a craved food and I'm done.

I've gained 29 pounds total but most of my clothes still fit. Only my cute fitted tops and tight jeans are out. Measurement-wise I'm not big at all; my midwife says I still have lots of fluid and a bigger placenta. Of course I've had to listen to the back handed compliment "You'll get huge with your next one!" a couple hundred times.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Went coursing today with two of the pups. :) Torch, weren't you the one planning to course in a few weeks?

DH is sick with a nasty stomach virus - I've banished him to the bedroom until he's feeling better. I know I've already been exposed, but ewwwwww.

I have my GBS screen on Tuesday, then go to appointments every 2 weeks until 38 weeks, then it'll go to weekly for me as well. No VEs for me to date either, not sure I'll ever ask for one since dilation really means nothing unless coupled with labor.

eta: I've gained 24 pounds so far - munchkin's shifted a bit so I can actually eat more and I'm taking advantage LOL

Torch

Went coursing today with two of the pups. :) Torch, weren't you the one planning to course in a few weeks?

DH is sick with a nasty stomach virus - I've banished him to the bedroom until he's feeling better. I know I've already been exposed, but ewwwwww.

I have my GBS screen on Tuesday, then go to appointments every 2 weeks until 38 weeks, then it'll go to weekly for me as well. No VEs for me to date either, not sure I'll ever ask for one since dilation really means nothing unless coupled with labor.

eta: I've gained 24 pounds so far - munchkin's shifted a bit so I can actually eat more and I'm taking advantage LOL
Yeah, I want to take Rhys coursing the day after my due date. Having some issues getting ahold of the club. Kind of a cluster. Eh.

I had a head cold this week and passed it on to my husband. Lol. I hope it's the last time I'm sick before delivery. I'd hate to have a cold in labor.

Little one is head down and has dropped a bit for me as well. It's helped a bit with the appetite problems I was having.

Getting more and more anxious to meet this little one!

We cloth diapered both girls from the time their cords fell off. We love it, and the few experiences I've had with disposables have turned me off of them entirely. They smell terrible to me, before you even put them on!!! >.< LOL We have a ridiculous stash, probably 100 diapers in there which is way overkill, but we found Winnie's shortly after we finished Zephyr's and chose to just keep them. I still wash them every day because I don't like them sitting around.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Hello, round ligament pain, or whatever it is that is making my vagina and uterus feel all crampy and achy. Please, come, join the nausea, vomiting, mild intermittent heartburn, constipation, waking up in the middle of the night to pee, bloating, and excessive gas production. There is plenty of room for everyone.

*sigh* And I'm only 10 weeks. Thanks, body. Thanks a bunch. You do not have to be so angry that I'm growing a tiny person. It's a good thing. Honest. Please calm yourself and accept the fact.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Where's the pain? From what my chiro has said, the round ligament is basically right along the sides of your lower abdomen, kind of by your hip crease if that makes any sense. I didn't have issues with mine until about 15/16 weeks iirc.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Where's the pain? From what my chiro has said, the round ligament is basically right along the sides of your lower abdomen, kind of by your hip crease if that makes any sense. I didn't have issues with mine until about 15/16 weeks iirc.
It's pretty much gone away now, thankfully. It was mainly along the right side of my groin, but my entire lower abdomen just felt achy. Nothing severe, just annoying, and I'm assuming normal crampiness due to bodily changes.

I did just discover that an apple + crackers makes for vomit that tastes good and comes up easy. *sigh* I think my body rejected my multivitamin, because I felt just fine before I took it. I had to force it down gagging, then 15 minutes later everything came up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a chewable multivitamin? I found one made by Centrum that I think I'm going to try, but I wasn't sure if anyone had any other suggestions. I'm tired of fighting to swallow that **** pill every night. My body hates it so much.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Holy crap everyone is pregnant hahahaha!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

We should set up a Facebook chaz mums group?? I never log in here anymore, but alway enjoy talking baby :) shall I set one up?

We cloth nappy, and have from a few weeks old. Started exclusively on bumgenius freetime! But we have moved away from them, as we can never get a good fit on my chunk!! Loving blueberry simplex and smart bottoms at the moment!!! I personally find cloth very very easy. And they fit so much nicer than disposables. And so frigging cute!!!!! Just work for us :)

Still babywearing mad. Just completed my peer support training which is accredited here. Going to help out more at the sling library and go for my consultant qualification I think! Got some ideas brewing on that front :)

Ivy is 9 months old!!! It's crazy. Amazing fun. She's crawling now, saying quite a few words, generally just being awesome. Love her. Love it. Excited for Xmas and then her first birthday!!!!

Fran27

Holy crap everyone is pregnant hahahaha!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

We should set up a Facebook chaz mums group?? I never log in here anymore, but alway enjoy talking baby :) shall I set one up?

We cloth nappy, and have from a few weeks old. Started exclusively on bumgenius freetime! But we have moved away from them, as we can never get a good fit on my chunk!! Loving blueberry simplex and smart bottoms at the moment!!! I personally find cloth very very easy. And they fit so much nicer than disposables. And so frigging cute!!!!! Just work for us :)

Still babywearing mad. Just completed my peer support training which is accredited here. Going to help out more at the sling library and go for my consultant qualification I think! Got some ideas brewing on that front :)

Ivy is 9 months old!!! It's crazy. Amazing fun. She's crawling now, saying quite a few words, generally just being awesome. Love her. Love it. Excited for Xmas and then her first birthday!!!!
Awesome. Holidays are so much more fun with kids (until they start asking for $600 worth of presents for Christmas, obviously :rofl1:).

SoCrafty

Anyone know if I join the FB group if it will show up on my wall? Waiting on my ultrasound early next month so I can do an announcement lol. Don't want all of FB-land to know yet. At least this isn't attached to my name here :)

Members online