Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Here's a question...when did ya'll start to show?

Someone I know from tumblr just posted a picture claiming to be 9 weeks with a pretty decent sized baby bump. I'm wondering if 1) she's lying about being pregnant, 2) she's further along than 9 weeks and doesn't know it, or 3) she's normally carrying more weight in her belly...but it definitely looks like a formed baby bump.

I'm 9 weeks and my stomach is flat as can be. I'm 5'9", thin, with pretty strong core muscles and have barely been able to keep down food, so that's expected, but is it common to have any kind of bump by 9 weeks??
I didn't start showing until 14ish weeks. And even then I really just looked chubby (that is chubbier than usual lol). It really seems to depend on how you carry your weight anyway - some people just look like they're prego even when they're not. Do you know what she looks like normally?

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I didn't start showing until 14ish weeks. And even then I really just looked chubby (that is chubbier than usual lol). It really seems to depend on how you carry your weight anyway - some people just look like they're prego even when they're not. Do you know what she looks like normally?
This was the same for me - I felt like I was showing but really I just looked chubbier (And I was because I was STARVING all the time in the first tri lol) and my butt and hips spread way out too, even before my stomach popped.

Is it her first kid? I think you show sooner if you've already had one or two.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

She did have a stillborn baby less than a year ago, but she posted a picture "3-4 weeks pregnant" and doesn't look REMOTELY as big/pregnant and she does in this picture.

That photo also included her face, and this one is just of her torso...I'm pretty skeptical.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-05-2012, 11:51 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

thats what stops me, the whole changing of your body ... im waaaay too vain for that LOL i have a hard enough time battling the 'pooch' as it is lol plus i am 30, getting too up there in baby making years (i have read the risk of birth defects rises once you pass 30) so to me its not worth it... plus i kust dont want kids LMBO

Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Resident fainting goat

Future or current moms/dads, sorry for butting into your thread but I have mentioned this on chaz before and I ordered one for my niece and I am so amazed that I need to sing the praises of this GREAT COMPANY

There is currently a waiting list but here is the company http://www.childsown.com/

and some products

pictures of my nieces fairy dog dragon to come soon! but I got it delivered to my apartment so I could wrap it and let me tell you.. IT IS GORGEOUS!!!
Her parents call me crying by how cute it was!!

A framed picture of the child's drawing + this would be an amazing gift for any kid/parent

2 thumbs up!!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:07 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

wow that company is awesome! almost makes me want to have one done for one of my drawings LOL

Old 11-05-2012, 05:59 PM
We are Home.

I know alot of people have expressed interest in cloth diaper. These groups are here to help low income families get cloth so they do not have to pay for disposibles. I have not used either or talked to either I just found them on my searches one day. Hope these can help someone!

http://www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org/
http://re-diaper.com/pages/Karma.htm

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Top Dog

MM, it depends on your body and also on the number of previous pregnancies.

When pregnant with Cole, it wasn't until about 12 weeks that I got a little "hump". At 16 weeks, I wore my size 4 low-rise jeans for the last time, but I did have a noticeable bump.

With Carson, I had a "hump" at 10 weeks.

With Cooper, I had a noticeable "hump " at 7 weeks. I looked like I was full-term at 5 1/2 months. At 37 weeks, when he was born, I looked like I had a double-sized basketball in my shirt, and I was so big that I had to literally support my belly with a hand (or 2...lol) when walking.

Of course, I'm only 5 ft tall, so my belly had nowhere to go but OUT. Lol
Old 11-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
plus i am 30, getting too up there in baby making years (i have read the risk of birth defects rises once you pass 30) so to me its not worth it... plus i kust dont want kids LMBO
I believe it's over 35...
Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

Haven't had a chance to sit down and catch up on this thread but I'm 12w4d and so many people have commented on my "bump".

Apparently it's not PC to correct them by unbuttoning your pants to show them your REAL bump and explain that what they're seeing is simply the result of bloat and several days worth of constipation.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.