Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

I shopped at Macy's maternity section and bought what was on sale. Also at destination maternity, and picked up some stuff at h&m and Burlington.

I still wear one pair of maternity jeans, a skirt, and quite a few tops
and sweaters. So those were definitely worth it. But mostly in pregnancy I wore flowy, empire waist dresses or long skirts with elastic waists with a maternity top.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Top Dog

My workpants were scrubs, so they just stretched or I wore them below the belly. Other than that I just needed jeans, so I shopped at Old navy during a sale. and Target for shirts
Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I mostly just shopped at department stores in the maternity sections. Target, walmart, k mart, sears, wherever.

Consignment shops are a good place to look they can be fun and sometimes you can really score good finds. I am a big fan of consignment shops.

In the meantime, there are belly bands. they are great for the transition period between regular pants and maternity pants

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Behavior Nerd

I've heard Motherhood Maternity is REALLY bad about selling email addresses, so if you go there, don't give that info out unless you want to be inundated.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

Thanks for the suggestions! I had no idea Macys had a maternity section, and had totally forgotten about Target. Stopped by the latter tonight and found a cartwheel coupon for 25% off all maternity clothing, so I got a bunch of sweaters and a dress. I ended up ordering a pair of the gap pants online (nothing else has fit me, and I really need some) and bid on another pair on ebay.

I'll stop by macys later in the week--there's one on the way home from work

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 11-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
I've heard Motherhood Maternity is REALLY bad about selling email addresses, so if you go there, don't give that info out unless you want to be inundated.
Good tip! I will avoid that!

Old 11-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Top Dog

Okay, looking for opinions.

DH's best friend since childhood is getting married in Atlanta April 27th. Baby is due in Northern Virginia the first week of April. Obviously, baby could show up whenever baby feels like coming.

Is it completely irresponsible/ridiculous to say we'll make the drive down so long as baby is healthy and I feel physically up to it? It's a 12 hour drive. Normally we'd fly, but I don't want to book plane tickets when we might not be able to go.

Assuming all goes according to plan, can a 3 week old baby handle a wedding? Obviously I'll take it easy, we'll sit in the back, ask people to wash hands, leave if it's too overstimulating, etc...but it's not dangerous to take a newborn out in a crowded situation, is it?

Normally we'd just RSVP no, but it's his best friend...(and as much as DH will regret it, I don't think he'll go unless I go with him).

Old 11-03-2013, 05:43 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post

DH's best friend since childhood is getting married in Atlanta April 27th. Baby is due in Northern Virginia the first week of April. Obviously, baby could show up whenever baby feels like coming.

Is it completely irresponsible/ridiculous to say we'll make the drive down so long as baby is healthy and I feel physically up to it? It's a 12 hour drive. Normally we'd fly, but I don't want to book plane tickets when we might not be able to go.

Assuming all goes according to plan, can a 3 week old baby handle a wedding? Obviously I'll take it easy, we'll sit in the back, ask people to wash hands, leave if it's too overstimulating, etc...but it's not dangerous to take a newborn out in a crowded situation, is it?

Normally we'd just RSVP no, but it's his best friend...(and as much as DH will regret it, I don't think he'll go unless I go with him).
I think it should be absolutely fine. I don't believe there id any real danger in having infants out in public early. After Hannah was released from the nicu at one week of age we went to a craft show to support a friend. She was and is fine.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post

As far as being around people etc. that part is fine

However, I know for certain it wouldve not worked with either one of mine at that age. They would scream the whole time in a car seat, would want to nurse constantly (which is doable for sure but at 3 weeks with my first I was still very unsure of everything), and my daughter actually could not stand being around groups for quite awhile.

NOT trying to say it wont work, just be very prepared for it to possibly be too much, for both you and the baby.

On the flip side, I know of other babies that it wouldve been pretty simple and easy to do something like that with
Old 11-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, it's more a question of whether we should RSVP "no", or "maybe, we'll make a game time decision". I fully understand that baby may come 2 weeks late and be a screamy mess who won't sleep in a car seat, in which case no way am I going to let DH go, let alone go with him.

On the other hand, I don't want us all to be sitting around that weekend saying "coulda woulda shoulda", you know?