Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Top Dog

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
We were going to but it's $75 and I'm cheap. I mean...C'mon! You aren't even teaching the babies anything!
Ha, I was going to see if someone would get it for her as an Xmas gift, but when I looked to see what they offered it had free lessons.

Lillian's cheeks are very red. I'm worried. She has no fever or anything, but was very fussy today. I'm not sure if it's possibly the colder weather, or if she may be getting something.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-28-2013, 08:44 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Ha, I was going to see if someone would get it for her as an Xmas gift, but when I looked to see what they offered it had free lessons.

Lillian's cheeks are very red. I'm worried. She has no fever or anything, but was very fussy today. I'm not sure if it's possibly the colder weather, or if she may be getting something.
How old is she? Could she be teething?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Stinky Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Allison that's precious!

Did anyone do infant swimming lessons? a local center offers them for free before 6 months, so Lillian will go in November and December
We didn't do infant lessons but I started them at 2 with Cooper and he started swimming like a little fish by the end of the first lesson. My boss' daughter teaches them all Summer at their pool which is right outside my office window and I have watched some of the youngest children excel the most. She had a 18 month old who also swam like a fish! As they get older, a lot of them have more fear and it can be harder to overcome.

So if they are free, I think it is 100% worth it! They will work on going under water and learning to flip over and float on her back. Those are 2 life skills that will save them from drowning once they master them, even if they can't swim, and in my opinion 100% worth it! I also worked on kicking with mine at that age. They may also work on strokes but not in a structured way. Most likely with toys that they use for them to grab for and bat at.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 AM
PSD Partner

Nico turned 1 on Sunday. I posted a thread about it if you want to check out the pictures and such. Got a really cool picture of him eating his b-day cake and making a fish face. lol
Old 10-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
How old is she? Could she be teething?
4 months! I didn't know teething could turn their cheeks red, so I'm pretty sure that's it. They're still pink but not as bad this morning, she's less cranky, and still no fever, congestion, etc.

And I agree, I think starting swimming lessons early is very important. We're a "water family". She's already been in a pool multiple times, we spend time in the pool at least a few times a week in the summer, and are at the beach at least once a week from May-September. I've seen too many drowning/near-drowning incidents with toddlers and young kids, and the statistics show swimming lessons, even for infants, can lessen that risk.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Katie did toddler swim lessons. I wanted to put her in the pre school ones but at that age the parents aren't in the pool with them. She is so anti social with adults she whont go with the instructor so it's kind of pointless.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 10-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

For those of you not on Facebook:

And one of the photobombing dog:

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Top Dog

Omg Allison, I now really want to do that but I think our pumpkins are too small. Obi does NOT look impressed lol.

Why are we not friends on FB? I'm going to find you and friend you.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Omg Allison, I now really want to do that but I think our pumpkins are too small. Obi does NOT look impressed lol.

Why are we not friends on FB? I'm going to find you and friend you.
I was telling him to get off my set! lol

And please do!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Top Dog

I really want to that with Lillian! I also want to do one with her in the fallen leaves. I was brainstorming Christmas card photo shoot ideas today