Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Top Dog

I've heard so many mixed things about the ages to start sleep training. Right now I'm going on you need to wait 6 months for cry it out techniques, but can start non-CIO earlier...but not every child is ready then?

I made the decision to give up pumping for Lillian (who's really refusing to latch except MAYBE once a day if I'm lucky). My supply isn't staying up with only pumping unless I pump every 2 hours and never skip a session, and it's too stressful. I'm sad.

Eta: Allison, I'd take Ev either way. I personally wouldn't think just based on that text she's being passive aggressive at all based on just that text. But, even if she was, maybe pretending her passive aggressiveness went over your head would teach her to be straightforward and not a catty bitch on top of being a bridezilla. I think she was probably completely sincere, though!

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

My Dad and Falon like to make funny faces for the camera. Bonus fancy hat.

FalonBV10.13.2013-2111 by taqroy, on Flickr

On the eye color topic, Falon's started out gray. Like completely gray, no blue, no green, no brown. Now they have some brown in the middle and are dark gray/blue on the outside. They're pretty cool actually, I really want to know what color they're going to end up. I know they look brown in this pic, you have to make it bigger to see that they're actually gray on the edges.

FalonBV10.13.2013-2012 by taqroy, on Flickr

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post

On the eye color topic, Falon's started out gray. Like completely gray, no blue, no green, no brown. Now they have some brown in the middle and are dark gray/blue on the outside. They're pretty cool actually, I really want to know what color they're going to end up. I know they look brown in this pic, you have to make it bigger to see that they're actually gray on the edges.

FalonBV10.13.2013-2012 by taqroy, on Flickr
That's how my eyes started out, and now they're pretty much the same... brown in the middle, dark blue/green on the outside. The amount of brown/green/blue change by the day and what I'm wearing.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

Both of my children had blue eyes as babies, and not just the newborn blue. Lilah's I knew were going to change just because the blue wasnt quite right, and now they are a true hazel (green and brown).

Now

3 years ago

5 years ago

at 6 months

Cian's stayed blue much longer. They pretty much change color based on what he is wearing like my dad's.

now

3 years ago (I know, kind of gross pic but shows his eyes)

4 years ago (about 21 months here)

18 months

baby
Old 10-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

Good heavens you all make beautiful babies!

I have to take Everleigh now regardless as she's suddenly decided that she'd rather starve than take a bottle.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

I just used the wait signal I use for the dogs on the baby and it totally worked. I regret nothing.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Bite Club

Training a baby is totally like training a dog

~Aura & Riley~
Old 10-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Top Dog

Does anyone else crack up when their infant gags themselves on their hands? Lillian sounds like a bulimic motorcycle gang leader, it's so loud.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Top Dog

Everleigh doesn't gag herself with her own hands but we gave her a cold carrot to chomp on and she just kept gagging.

Here she is over the past five months:
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 10-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

Aaaaaand... Someone is sitting.