Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Top Dog

I think I'll be pretty lucky once I have kids; my mom and dad were both older when I was born and very go with the flow. Actually quite crunchy for the late 80s. Breastfed, bed shared, BLW, baby wearing, etc. My mom is really cool to talk to about baby stuff as well; very open minded and mother supportive.

They did beat my ass growing up but I can assure you I deserved it lol.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Top Dog

I stumbled on this and thought it was an interesting and informative read (and I LOVE all the links). Married to Medicine. I'm 100% pro-vaccine. The only thing we've skipped for Falon so far is the flu vaccine and that's because she was days from the cut off point. She'll get it at her 9 month appointment though.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I stumbled on this and thought it was an interesting and informative read (and I LOVE all the links). Married to Medicine. I'm 100% pro-vaccine. The only thing we've skipped for Falon so far is the flu vaccine and that's because she was days from the cut off point. She'll get it at her 9 month appointment though.
Awesome link. I fully intend to do the full rounds of vaccinations, on time.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 10-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Top Dog

I haven't read your link but we have done all her vaccines on schedule so far too.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:03 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

We did all of Hannah's on time, too.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

Did anyone's baby start standing around 4 months?!? (Holding onto something, obviously, but pulling themselves up into position and fully supporting their weight?)

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Did anyone's baby start standing around 4 months?!? (Holding onto something, obviously, but pulling themselves up into position and fully supporting their weight?)
No! Is Lillian?
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Top Dog

Yes! She can't even sit without support, but if she can hold something to balance, she'll pull herself into standing. The other day she was sitting holding onto my hand and the next thing I know she's standing! I tried putting her hands on the bar of a little kids chair, and she did it again! She'll stand for about 3-5 seconds before her legs give out.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Top Dog

Does anyone have good scientific based articles or studies on BLW? It sounds good to me, but I haven't really found any legitimate studies on it's benefits.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Stinky Butt

Not scientific, but does give a lot of info and things to consider. We did a mixture of both with both of our kids. I did purees but also gave them larger pieces of food to work on BLW style for their own enjoyment and learning about texture etc. I did not start solids until around 6 months for either of them but I did start freezing a little breastmilk (could also use formula) and spoon feeding it to them at around 5 months just to give them some practice in their chair and with the spoon. Only did it a couple times a week just for fun.

http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipe...d-weaning.html

There is also a really great book about it, and solids in general.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Led-Weani...by+led+weaning