Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Had my NT test today. Everything looked good...except the ultrasound tech said, "Oh, and that looks like the beginnings of his peepee"

I know you're not supposed to want one gender over the other, but ughhhhhhh I really wanted a girl! I am only 12 weeks, so it could be wrong, but booo Zach's family is all boys. I really wanted a girl.
It's totally normal to want one gender over another. I wanted a boy at first. I had his pirate room all planned, his named picked out, I was convinced it was a boy. Then the tech told us it was a girl and I was convinced they were wrong. We went to a 3D ultrasound to confirm. Once I got over my initial annoyance that I was wrong and my denial, I started to get super excited and now I can't imagine having a boy.

And at 12-13 weeks (am I right?) they could still be wrong.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:14 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
It's totally normal to want one gender over another. I wanted a boy at first. I had his pirate room all planned, his named picked out, I was convinced it was a boy. Then the tech told us it was a girl and I was convinced they were wrong. We went to a 3D ultrasound to confirm. Once I got over my initial annoyance that I was wrong and my denial, I started to get super excited and now I can't imagine having a boy.

And at 12-13 weeks (am I right?) they could still be wrong.
This.

I also wanted a boy. Never wanted a girl. I didn't even have a girls name picked out. Hubby picked it out.

Now, I cannot imagine life without her. The same would be the case with a boy I am sure . They both have their awesome little quirks and differences and personalities.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
We've had an exciting day around here. Ev "rode" her first horse (my coworkers sweet Bashkir mare) and then, a few minutes ago, I discovered she cut two teeth!
What?!? How does she have teeth already? Falon has no teeth at six months and I'm starting to feel cheated, given how much teething behavior we have (the drool, oh god the drool).

Quote:
Had my NT test today. Everything looked good...except the ultrasound tech said, "Oh, and that looks like the beginnings of his peepee"

I know you're not supposed to want one gender over the other, but ughhhhhhh I really wanted a girl! I am only 12 weeks, so it could be wrong, but booo Zach's family is all boys. I really wanted a girl.
I'm kind of shocked they said anything at 12 weeks. Most places won't even try and decide until 20 - and even then they can be wrong.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 09-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Stinky Butt

Quote:

I found out the gender of both my babes at 13 and 14 weeks. Luckily out NT was a tad late each time. Our U/S tech is really really good at early predictions and he was right both times. But he told me both times that the difference between 12 and 13 weeks is big. At 12 weeks it can look like a boy, but it is really just swollen. So don't give up hope that it's a girl yet!

Also, having one of each, I can tell you that they are both so wonderful in their different ways. You will be head over heals in love with that child and never even know what hit you!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Top Dog

I cut my first tooth at 13 months. My brother at 4 months. Both are considered normal, though I was late with that (oddly enough I got all my molars extremely early).

Lillian has lots of teething behavior and I can feel a little tooth nub under her gums. I'm not sure if it will come through soon, though.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Big Mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
This.

I also wanted a boy. Never wanted a girl. I didn't even have a girls name picked out. Hubby picked it out.

Now, I cannot imagine life without her. The same would be the case with a boy I am sure . They both have their awesome little quirks and differences and personalities.
Same here. I wanted a boy both times...the 1st because I always wanted a boy and my sister was having a boy at the same time.
2nd pregnancy I wanted a boy because we already had a girl!
Wouldn't trade either of my girls in now
There are pros/cons to both sexes.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

We didn't find out what we were having, but I was pretty certain she was a girl all along. I would have been happy either way, but I love having a little girl. I can beyond her to be good ask day by telling her I'll paint her nails when I get off of work off she behaves. LOL

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
What?!? How does she have teeth already? Falon has no teeth at six months and I'm starting to feel cheated, given how much teething behavior we have (the drool, oh god the drool).
Clarissa started teething behaviour at just over three months but didn't get any until she was six months. She just turned seven months and has six teeth now. So she got them all in the span of one month. Crazy.

Allison that photo is adorable!!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 09-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
Clarissa started teething behaviour at just over three months but didn't get any until she was six months. She just turned seven months and has six teeth now. So she got them all in the span of one month. Crazy.
HEY!! How are you doing?? I hope things are going better for you guys, I miss seeing you around. (((hugs)))

And, oh god, the thought of six teeth in the next month is terrifying. But it might explain our current awful sleep stuff.

P.S. Your baby is so big! And adorable. But seriously, big.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 09-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Top Dog

Riley's first 2 teeth are JUST poking through and he's 10 months lol so crazy!!

We never found out what we were having but I was happy with either boy or girl I did want a girl a tiny bit more just because my sister had a boy but maybe baby #2 will be a girl when the time comes