Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Are you planning on finding out the sex?
Absolutely, yes. I am a planner to the nth degree. I hate surprises!

Plus, if it's a boy, we have to have the circumcision conversation ahead of time...yet another reason to hope it's a girl!

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 09-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Top Dog

She's 3.5 months old and I STILL question Everleigh's name. We had a boys name immediately. But I too didn't want to deal with the circumcision question so yay girls!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Top Dog

Hit send too soon.

I have pregnancy paranoia. I keep having phantom kicks and in the past 24 hours, I feel like I've peed 36885 times. I'm on the mini pill but I'm still paranoid. I'm still EBFing Everleigh so I feel like my body is still a mystery and that I would have no idea if I WAS pregnant again and I'm sure that I'm overreacting but is it wrong to say I would be devastated? I want Everleigh to have my undivided attention until she's 2 or 3 AND I need to have kids at least two years apart in order to try for a VBAC.

I know, I'm getting ahead of myself. Someone talk me down.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Top Dog

Allison, buy a bunch of cheapie tests just for ease of mind!

I started getting my stupid period again 7 weeks after giving birth (not EBF + she WAS sleeping through the night), so no worries here

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Top Dog

Ugh, on the topic of going back to school:

I took an incomplete in a class before I left. I touched base with the professor about finishing the final paper, but I think she thought I already finished the paper and just need to submit it. I did not.

So now I'm trying to write an 8 page paper on plays I read two years ago in like two days. The BF is working 58 hours this week (and has almost an hour commute). He's also getting sick I think I know my friends would watch her, but they're kind of baby clueless and would be asking me if they're doing it right every six seconds. SO's parents would watch her too, but they all work and don't exactly live around the corner.

My mom is going to watch her again tonight. I can't imagine NOT having help...even with a dozen people offering it, I still can't get anything done.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
Hit send too soon.

I have pregnancy paranoia. I keep having phantom kicks and in the past 24 hours, I feel like I've peed 36885 times. I'm on the mini pill but I'm still paranoid. I'm still EBFing Everleigh so I feel like my body is still a mystery and that I would have no idea if I WAS pregnant again and I'm sure that I'm overreacting but is it wrong to say I would be devastated? I want Everleigh to have my undivided attention until she's 2 or 3 AND I need to have kids at least two years apart in order to try for a VBAC.

I know, I'm getting ahead of myself. Someone talk me down.
I totally have pregnancy paranoia and also get phantom kicks. I'm going to order a bunch of cheapo tests just for peace of mind. These are the ones I got when we were trying, I don't know if they're available in Canadaland.

I feel weirdly selfish/crazy because I REALLY miss my tiny squishy baby and I want to have another. But I also want to savor every single first and not have another one until Falon is 2 or 3. Plus the cost of daycare/college funds for two kids is out of our reach right now so we need to wait awhile. And I hated being pregnant with a fiery passion that really hasn't diminished.

^^You are not alone in needing to be talked down. LOL. I'm probably not helpful at all.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 09-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Top Dog

In other news, I found this jacket this morning (SO MUCH RAIN TODAY) and ohmygod it has a pixie hood. So stinking cute.

Untitled by taqroy, on Flickr

And I really love this picture of us from BV.

FalonBV-1258 by taqroy, on Flickr

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Behavior Nerd

I buy preg tests periodically when I'm getting weird symptoms (like the last week with random annoying cramps, tender breasts, etc.) and it always freaks DH out, but the negatives really help settle my mind. I know the IUD is as close to 100% effectiveness as you can get without surgery, but I still get paranoid.

I do like all this talk about you guys waiting until the babies are 2 to have another because then it'll be right around when we plan to have our first and that will be awesome!

Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Top Dog

One thing to keep in mind when planning a second....if you wait til baby is two...likely they will be three (or close to it) with a newborn and for most, 3 is the most challenging age. Many people choose that spacing and are fine with it but oh boy, SOOO glad I went sooner lol
Old 09-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

How late do you think is too late to start having kids? I've been thinking about this lots since a lot of my friends are older like early 30's and have not started having babies, although they are planning on having kids eventually?

And we plan on starting to try for kids late 20's early early, early 30's.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff