Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

If anyone can do it, you can Paige.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Any mamas/parents havign to go back to school or work?

I am terrified to leave Briggs. Blake being 2 years younger I worry less about because he is typical. Briggs makes life a little more full due to all his appointments and I have no idea how I am going to manage. I didn't finish high school and it is all online. I am going to sign up to finish tomorrow and I am very intimidated on how I will manage everything and then next year how I will leave him to attend the university I want to.

Please tell me it's going to be alright, that i will find the time and will be able to not cry every day I leave them when I finally have to.
It won't be easy, but it's possible. You might cry when you finally have to leave them, but you won't cry forever. Hopefully you can find a situation where Briggs can be watched by someone you trust and someone with experience with special needs children, or if they aren't experienced, they'll at least be willing to learn along with you and Briggs.

I was trying to go back to school this semester, but it didn't work out, and now I'm sort of glad. Lillian's having a lot of set backs in breastfeeding, and I'm not doing great health-wise, so it's not the best time to start. I am taking some coursera courses and finishing up an incompleted class, and it's already hard to balance it. I'm really hoping things are better by January.

Just...expect it to be hard, expect not to have perfect grades with two young children. Expect whoever cares for them to not do things the way you would. That's how I'm going into it.

On the plus side, lots of the professors I've met have been really accommodating and helpful to the parents in their classes.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

You can absolutely do it, Paige. It's going to be a growth time for everyone, while you adapt to new routines and realities, but it will be worth it in the end. What a wonderful example you are setting for your kiddos down the road when they say school is too hard or they don't think they can handle it. You will be able to empathize, to support, and to show them it absolutely is possible.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Top Dog

Zach and I have 34,000 girl names we like, and not a single boy name. Pretty sure that guarantees fetus is a boy.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 09-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Let it be

I am probably the least picky person when it comes to that kind of things with people doing things different. For preschool Briggs has to go with a development worker and how autism funding works in BC he will have a BI covered through my own budgeting of our funding who can be left alone with him if I am comfortable leaving him with them. I am not so concerned about Blake because his needs are more basic.

I hear so many horror stories about special needs kids getting abused and mistreated due to ignorance it scares the snot out of me. Briggs isn't a cakewalk. He takes a lot of energy to take care of but I am hoping that giving him a year to adjust and learn skills it will be easier to transition him to that type of environment.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:32 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Paige, I would send a message to Baxtersmybaby here in Chaz and ask for advice she is a wealth of knowledge for parents with special needs kids both as a parent and a teacher

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Let it be

Will do. Its very intimidating handing over the reins for yur child with more advanced needs.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Zach and I have 34,000 girl names we like, and not a single boy name. Pretty sure that guarantees fetus is a boy.
We had a similar issues...agreed on a few girls' names but both wanted our way for the boy's. even though we picked one in the end I think if I did have a boy I'd regret not giving him the one name I really loved.

I was actually a little relieved I didn't have to name a boy.

Are you planning on finding out the sex?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-10-2013, 08:56 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I had a buch of boys names and nothing for a girl. I never wanted a girl so never really came up with names.

My middle name is Marie as it was my grandmothers name. Hubby took that and took some geaneology and found there was a Hannah long ago in his family and said "what about Hannah Marie?". The first name had family meaning to him, middle name had meaning to me... Hannah is a biblical name which his family would appreciate and my great grandmother would have coo'd over and we like. It was perfect. As soon as he mentioned the name we knew it was right and even though we didn't find out the sex before birth... I just knew we would have a Hannah Marie and we do and I can't imagine life without my girl

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Any mamas/parents havign to go back to school or work?

I am terrified to leave Briggs. Blake being 2 years younger I worry less about because he is typical. Briggs makes life a little more full due to all his appointments and I have no idea how I am going to manage. I didn't finish high school and it is all online. I am going to sign up to finish tomorrow and I am very intimidated on how I will manage everything and then next year how I will leave him to attend the university I want to.

Please tell me it's going to be alright, that i will find the time and will be able to not cry every day I leave them when I finally have to.
It will be fine. I was going to college and running a business with Winnie. It was insane the first few weeks, but we got into the groove and everything was a-ok. You can do this, and it'll be good for Briggs too. <3

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.