Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Top Dog

Had a sonogram today. It was like a house of mirrors, the baby would look like a fat teddy bear and then the tech would wiggle around and it would look like a skinny string bean. The tech kept saying, "It's so cute!" and I kept thinking, "It looks like an alien with an engorged head!"

Measuring at 10 weeks according to ultrasound, 9w 4d according to my calculations. They left the due date at April 7th.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 09-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

Babies that small totally look like aliens. I distinctly recall our sonographer saying "Oh how CUTE" right before she took this picture.

Untitled by taqroy, on Flickr

Yeah. Totally cute in that "abduct me and eat my brain" kind of way.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Top Dog

I'm going to KILL my mother.

She wanted to take Lillian to look at a truck. Since I haven't slept in 24 hours I said ok. The instructions were: don't make 6oz in one bottle because I'm sick of throwing out formula every time you make her a bottle. Don't put her to sleep because it's 6:30 and I want to sleep tonight.

She gets home with a 6 oz bottle and my daughter sound asleep, and comes in sshhhing her and sticking the pacifier in her mouth to put her back asleep at 7:45 to get her BACK asleep.

She also "adjusted" her car seat straps to effing way way too loose. If she got into a car accident she would have killed my daughter.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I remember after all three ultrasounds that we had and then after she was born... Something very distinct about her was present from our 11 week ultrasound to her stay in the NICU. She always had her right hand up by her face. In every ultrasound that arm was up there and then when she was born and she was swaddled but she had to get that arm out. When she was admitted to NICU with Pneumonia, they put the IV in her right hand and taped her hand to a board. Two days later we came to the NICU to see bright lights over her and a doctor and nurses doing something over her. We were freaking out. Turns out they were just moving the iv out of her hand and into her umbilical cord because no matter now much they taped it or restrained it... Try could not keep her from getting her hand free of that board lol.

So even the early aliens may be showing part of their personality.

The weird thing is it was always her right hand.... And now she's left handed lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I'm going to KILL my mother.

She wanted to take Lillian to look at a truck. Since I haven't slept in 24 hours I said ok. The instructions were: don't make 6oz in one bottle because I'm sick of throwing out formula every time you make her a bottle. Don't put her to sleep because it's 6:30 and I want to sleep tonight.

She gets home with a 6 oz bottle and my daughter sound asleep, and comes in sshhhing her and sticking the pacifier in her mouth to put her back asleep at 7:45 to get her BACK asleep.

She also "adjusted" her car seat straps to effing way way too loose. If she got into a car accident she would have killed my daughter.
My mom doesn't watch briggs because if she does she fries him out on tv then puts him down for a 5 hour nap (he cannot do electronics or nap or he is up all night head banging, screaming and tryig to hurt me).... And good god the car seat battle never ends. People need to learn comfort doesn't trump safety
Old 09-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Behavior Nerd

So that local board says you have to be actively TTC to be a member. smh. That being said, though, the woman working on my registration said she'd be happy to ask the board a few of my questions if I was game for that, so I'm totally going to do that - at least I'll get some of the info I need when I need it!

Old 09-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Top Dog

Ready for the stupid baby show at the Fair. (NOT a pageant and only going because my dad is on the fair board. **** small towns).
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Behavior Nerd

She looks super impressed Allison. LOL It's a cute outfit tho!

Old 09-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Top Dog

LOL she had a big puke right after I snapped the picture.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

Unhappy

What exactly does a baby show entail?? Lol, she's really cute though.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com