Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
This is such BS - I was denied for the local forum because my "timetable for TTC" isn't acceptable to them. what.the.heck?!
Misrepresent your timetable? How would they know if you were TTC now or in a year?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Behavior Nerd

Not making my own - that defeats the point - I need feedback on several service providers, so I need an established, LOCAL group. :P Specifically, I'm looking for recommendations and pricing.

And they ask about a billion questions when you apply and since I checked "no kids" I explained my current situation. I could be sneaky and come up with a fake name and use a different email, but meh.

Just annoying.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
You're just mean, Allison!

On the topic of planning, I find it rather silly that my membership to a local mom board is being delayed because I'm a year off of TTC and they aren't sure if they want someone on the board that far off from being preggers or a mom. >.< Argh! It's the best place to get info on pricing and reputation of doulas and other pregnancy/birth/parenting services!
That's stupid.. I could understand if it was say, 5 years out.. but a year?! Come on.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 09-05-2013, 01:24 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
That's stupid.. I could understand if it was say, 5 years out.. but a year?! Come on.
yeah that is nuts. what are they afraid of?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
yeah that is nuts. what are they afraid of?
They has the secrets!!!! She might steal them and use them to.... Errr.... I have no answer

I didn't even think about lying about the ttc date, I'm like an angel you see. Clearly K9 is a very bad influence! Lol.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 09-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I didn't even think about lying about the ttc date, I'm like an angel you see. Clearly K9 is a very bad influence! Lol.
haha! I was just shocked you didn't suggest it!

See how I used "misrepresent" instead of "lie"?! lol

But REALLY. Wouldn't you rather people start researching a couple years out instead of the 9 months during pregnancy?! It makes no sense to not let someone in. Maybe it's because you can only gleam info and wouldn't be able to give first hand contributions to the discussions? Still stupid.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
This is such BS - I was denied for the local forum because my "timetable for TTC" isn't acceptable to them. what.the.heck?!
Um wtf. I would look for a different (read: sane) group. That's just rude. Do you have friends with kids in your area that could join a group and have you tag along? If you have a local babywearing group they are usually chock full of people that use doulas and birth centers and other crunchy things. The one here scares me, I haven't been to any of their meetings. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 09-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

I want to post this video everywhere. I'm in baby withdrawal today.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 09-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I want to post this video everywhere. I'm in baby withdrawal today.

Awww, I wish I was so easily pleased
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 09-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Top Dog

I know mostly everyone here breast feeds, but has anyone had really increased ovulation pain after having a baby? I've always had slight pain with it, but the other day when I went to the dr thinking I had an infection, she said it was ovulation pain.

It's been going on for like 4 days now, and has switched from one side to the other. I'm pretty sure I ovulated twice the month Lillian was conceived, though. I don't know, but it's annoying.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com