Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

And, on a similar topic, regardless of which way they're facing, just a reminder that the chest clip should be at armpit level and tight enough that you shouldn't be able to pinch the strap fabric together.

Rear facing straps should be below the shoulders, front facing straps should be above.

(Friendly reminder/helpful into for anyone reading this thread).
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:38 PM
PSD Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
And, on a similar topic, regardless of which way they're facing, just a reminder that the chest clip should be at armpit level and tight enough that you shouldn't be able to pinch the strap fabric together.

Rear facing straps should be below the shoulders, front facing straps should be above.

(Friendly reminder/helpful into for anyone reading this thread).
Too true. As well check the straps when your child has to wear a jacket for part of the day and then removes it. That can loosen it enough that it is not giving the protection it needs too just by removing the jacket.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:40 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

And a child should never wear a puffy winter coat in the carseat.

Hannah's convertible carseat had straps that you retighten everytime you put her in te seat. You turned the knob until the straps were at te desired tightness.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Top Dog

Ahhhhhahaha and totally off topic but too funny. Everleigh was just sitting on hubby's lap and had a blowout. Maybe I can sway him to cloth now?
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 09-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
Ahhhhhahaha and totally off topic but too funny. Everleigh was just sitting on hubby's lap and had a blowout. Maybe I can sway him to cloth now?
Haaaahahahahahahaha

Hannah didn't have too many blowouts but when she did I realized why onsies necklines are created the way they are... So you can pull them DOWN lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Top Dog

Omg Tanya I had no idea....I've given her a bath both times she's had a blowout because I got it all over her getting the onesie off. DUH

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Top Dog

On one hand, I want to cloth diaper because I can avoid blowouts, I'm not adding to landfills and they're super cute.

On the other hand, I'm worried about wear and tear on my washing machine (which came with our house and is definitely not energy efficient), I'm worried about the amount of work involved, not being able to use bum cream, and about finding the right type/brand without spending a fortune.

Anyone here use cloth or thought about using cloth and have any insight?

I want to use Glowbug but I can't justify spending the whole $150 as an experiment if it turns out that cloth doesn't work for us.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:10 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Omg Tanya I had no idea....I've given her a bath both times she's had a blowout because I got it all over her getting the onesie off. DUH
LOL glad I could bring some enlightenment . There are many things I have forgotten about infants.... Blowouts in onesies is one I will never forget lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 09-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Bite Club

Lol yeah someone kindly told us about the onesies early on, so I always take them on and off from the bottom. Over the head is a pain!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 09-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Big Mutts

When mine were little I loved the gowns, it was so much easier to change nighttime diapers.