Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Top Dog

Everyone always wonders how their babies grow so fast.

Sometimes I think it's because some people are in such a **** hurry for them to grow up.

I'm in a group on Facebook. Our babies are all between 2-4 months old. A lot of moms are already pushing routines, Sleep Sense techniques, CIO and independence on their babies. They're basically newborns still!

I don't know why I care, but I do. And it makes me sad.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post

Sometimes I think it's because some people are in such a **** hurry for them to grow up.

I'm in a group on Facebook. Our babies are all between 2-4 months old. A lot of moms are already pushing routines, Sleep Sense techniques, CIO and independence on their babies. They're basically newborns still!

I don't know....

I started to establish a routine with Hannah when she was about 3 months old out of necessity. She just did so much better if she had some idea on how the day would go. I know she was just 3 months old... but she knew. She is still like that today at almost 6 years old. she needs to know what to expect from the day. That's not to say if things don't go as planned she melts down but she likes to have a plan and a routine.

it was just easier on her sensibilities when we started a routine. Some babies just require different approaches

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Last edited by sparks19; 08-30-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post

It is so sad...makes my heart hurt every time.

(and I am assuming the routines you are talking about are the parent pushed schedules, not a easy routine that baby and parent establish together)
Old 08-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

Agree, there's a huge difference between what I'm assuming Tanya is talking about, like a set bedtime routine or a generalized schedule of napping/eating/etc. and forcing your kid to stay awake longer or waking them up before they're done napping just so they can be on some kind of military grade schedule.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-30-2013, 07:57 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
It is so sad...makes my heart hurt every time.

(and I am assuming the routines you are talking about are the parent pushed schedules, not a easy routine that baby and parent establish together)
Ah yes... That makes a difference. Forcing against babies will and what is natural is different. For hannah, schedule was just a natural part of her. Se just thrives on schedule and seemingly always has... Which goes against everything in MY nature lol. I am fly by the seat of my pants type and hannah is NOT. She wants to know what we are doing tomorrow, and what about the next day... And next week? "I don't know yet" as an answer is not a suitable answer for her lol. Let her alone and she will start planning for me if I drop the ball lol.

She just likes to have a schedule and a plan of action but that is just her personality.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Top Dog

Yes exactly. Everleigh goes to sleep for the night every night at 10:00 like clockwork. I don't know why but that's her schedule. So we work with that.

But doing CIO with a three month old? Fighting to try and get your baby to sleep at an exact hour? Pushing off feeding to make them eat bigger meals less often?

It's all so...unnatural to be. Babies function at a very basic biological level IMO. Everything they do has a purpose.

Add the four month sleep regression to the mix and I just feel so bummed out and annoyed. Everleigh has been super easy to get to sleep this week. No rocking or bouncing required. So I could start putting her in her cosleeper but it doesn't make sense right now when we are going to be hitting four month development soon. It wouldn't be fair to either of us.

I realize that not everyone is as crunchy as me but being too Type A at this stage is just stressful to both mom and baby.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 08-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Top Dog

Anyone have any info on bumbo seats as far as development and physiology? I know they were recalled as a fall risk, but not sure about spine, hips, etc.

I just got Lillian one (well a knockoff babies r us brand) and she loves sitting in it. Right now she only has the stamina to sit up for 5 or 10 minutes, but I don't know if as she gets bigger it would be ok to use for slightly longer periods?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I feel like I shouldn't need so much help by now.

Her dad has been working overtime, and my mom went on vacation...so did most of my close friends. I'm falling apart. The house is a disaster. I'm sleeping about 2 hrs every 24 hour period if I'm lucky. I guess it's partly because I'm trying to register for school, but if I can't handle that how am I supposed to deal with classes?

It's like everyone was so ready to help when she was a newborn, but then everything was a lot easier.
I know. You'd think it gets easier, but sometimes it doesn't. I'm in the same boat because clarissa is a really bad sleeper. It's so hard to function on such little sleep and be happy/cheerful for baby. I dont get much accomplished and its frustrating. She just turned 6 months old and I'm still struggling a lot. People keep telling me it gets better lol. Hang in there! Get help when and where ever you can. And you definitely need more sleep than that!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 08-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Top Dog

I'm really glad I have this thread.

I find myself getting frustrated at rather than supported in my Facebook birth month group.

And that makes me sad. But really grateful for you guys.

So thanks guys.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Ok I have to wonder and this was one of te reasons I didn 't want to co sleep if I could help it... How are you able to be intimate with your spouse while co sleeping?

G.K. Chesterton