Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Active Pup

Sorry, I am new to the site but would like to join this thread.

Brooklyn is our 3 year old daughter. Hubby and I have been discussing a second child, but it will not be happening in the too near future.

This is one of my favorite pictures of her from this past winter.

And something much more recent
Old 08-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Yes, sorry I wasnt clear, I meant when the hips and bottom are in a seated position that is the proper position...but what it affects is the spine
I do wonder with these things.... How many children have we met or are we as adults, that have spine problems from carriers :/ realistically.

And all the rest... Foot problems from walkers, etc etc
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Top Dog

I know plenty of adults with unexplained back problems...it could be from a number of things, but I wouldn't rule out that those carriers could have contributed.

Speaking of hip/joint development...my daughter loves to be carrier in what is essentially a front facing crotch dangling position. I'm considering getting a jumperoo. She's only 10 weeks, holding her head up and sitting assisted. I'm not sure if she's too young for it, 3 months is recommended.

Those are also cited for hip and spine problems, but if she's only in it for 10-15 mins at a time for no more than 30-45 minutes a day, it should be fine, right?

Does anyone use one, and how did you know your baby was ready for it?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Hannah is turning 6 in one month and she is 40 lbs.
Darian is 2 years 2 months and is 39 pounds 3 feet 4 inches tall it doesn't always even out lol!

Old 08-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I know plenty of adults with unexplained back problems...it could be from a number of things, but I wouldn't rule out that those carriers could have contributed.

Speaking of hip/joint development...my daughter loves to be carrier in what is essentially a front facing crotch dangling position. I'm considering getting a jumperoo. She's only 10 weeks, holding her head up and sitting assisted. I'm not sure if she's too young for it, 3 months is recommended.

Those are also cited for hip and spine problems, but if she's only in it for 10-15 mins at a time for no more than 30-45 minutes a day, it should be fine, right?

Does anyone use one, and how did you know your baby was ready for it?
We put Everleigh in hers at around 10 weeks. She's always had really good head/neck strength. She's almost 14 weeks now and it's only been in the past couple of days that she understands the cause and effect of how to bounce but even before this, she loved it. It's been the ONE thing that lets me get anything done around the house/eat/pee.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Went to the doctor today to draw blood/talk to the CNM. The following was established:
  • I can drink pumpkin beer this fall. She said 1 or two per day is fine, and I NEVER drink near that.
  • She doesn't think I'll show until 7+ months. No buying new coats for winter, thankfully
  • I CAN GO TO MACCHU PICCHU! She said no hiking (we didn't want to, we were going to do the train), and be extremely careful of what I eat, but it should be okay. I'm going to book a tour for elderly or something so that the walking pace is more my style.

Next Friday I will go in for a dating sonogram. Then I guess it's real, and I need to start telling my principal/colleagues so we can plan out the last quarter of the school year. Tomorrow I go to the therapist for the first time ever, to hopefully talk through my anxieties and scrounge up some excitement for this.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 08-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Top Dog

Thinking of you Cali.

Also, lucky you for not going to show until 7 months. This was me at 7 months (sigh):
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Behavior Nerd

I'm so glad you've gotten so many positive answers to your questions, Cali! Yay for your trip!!! (((hugs)))

Old 08-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

Thanks ladies <3

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 08-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Let it be

Cali you are having a baby?! Yeah!

And being a mom of a child with autism is so strange. My life is all about Briggs and autism.... but at least his therapy has gotten started.