Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

Having a newborn was super, super easy.

Today I went to the library because I knew I'd lose my mind if I didn't get out of the house. I was halfway down the driveway when I realized I wasn't wearing shoes.

We made it to 11:05am with no crying. Dare I say today was better than yesterday?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-18-2013, 12:54 AM
Top Dog

Ugh I'm the total opposite. Everleigh was a complete nightmare for her first five weeks. Now, she is still needy and wants to be held all the time, but I can get a 20 minute break to shower in the morning while she's in her bouncy chair and a 20 minute break in the afternoon while she's in her jumperoo so I can eat.

Hopefully it's just a phase with Lillian MM!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Bite Club

Each wonder week period gets harder too. And longer lol. We are just coming to the end of the 5-6 month one and its been rough. Sleep has not been easy to come by. I'm hoping we are on the tail end of it now as nights are very gradually improving. Add teething and a cold on top of it and, wow. Just wow. Lol

~Aura & Riley~
Old 08-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Top Dog

I'm having a bad reaction to the pill I started a week ago. I also found out that it's known to cause extreme fussiness in babies. If you guys could spare some thoughts and prayers, we need them. Stopping the pill means it'll get worse before it gets better. I'm terrified I'll end up in the hospital.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Top Dog

Oh no! I'm sorry MM, that's frustrating!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 08-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Bite Club

Sending good thougts and vibes your way MM!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 08-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Top Dog

Yikes, vibes your way MM!

I may have asked this before, but how many here use the IUD? I'm going to try to get Paragard this week.

Also, Ryland is at his 6 week growth spurt and is sucking down twice as much milk. From 4-5 oz to 6-8!

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 08-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Top Dog

Everleigh started playing with toys today

Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

Thread hog! Sorry.

I tried to put Everleigh in her bassinet/cosleeper tonight. Even though she's right beside me, I always feel super anxious. She was down no more than five minutes before she was wide awake and fussing. I scoop her her and put her in her usual spot beside me and she's out like a light. I guess neither of us were ready.

No one told me how hard this part would be! I remember being pregnant thinking "soon I'll be able to sleep on my left AND right side!". Not true. ;-)

(Secret is, I LOVE bed sharing and only try the cosleeper because I miss my husband a little)

Old 08-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Top Dog

Ryland was the same way for a lonnnng time. I coslept for the first 3-4 weeks and it was hard moving him all the way to his bassinet. Took time. He would wake up often, but eventually got used to it. He still sleeps with me on nights that he's particularly fussy or sick. Like last night, he was congested and waking a lot because of it, so I cuddled him and he would go back to sleep almost immediately after waking so he was able to actually sleep.

So I feel your pain.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb