Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
There were two lines this morning.

I'm numb. This is not what I wanted. Everything will be fine, it will work out, but this is just not what I wanted at this point in life. WE HAD PLANS TO HIKE MACCHU PICCHU THIS WINTER.

((((hugs)))) Just think of this as a new and different kind of adventure? Perhaps a bit scarier, but you'll still rock it. ((((more hugs))))

Old 08-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:

I'm numb. This is not what I wanted. Everything will be fine, it will work out, but this is just not what I wanted at this point in life. WE HAD PLANS TO HIKE MACCHU PICCHU THIS WINTER.

HUGS and breathe , it will work out , and go hike anyway , winter is close and you should be able to do it with an easy pregnancy. I think you will be a fantastic mom. and believe me , that is what the world needs.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Congrats, Karen! Even though I can imagine how scary those 2 lines are, it's super exciting. Just think of it as a new life adventure

I know how you feel, though! My husband and I want kids eventually, but I'd ideally like to be at least 30 before it actually happens. I always worry about not being able to travel enough or do the things I want to do.

I know I'll be very excited if I get a positive pregnancy test, but it's not something I'd ideally want at this moment in my life. The thing about life is that there's really no such thing as an "ideal" time. There will always be another trip or another thing I want to do before kids... even when I'm 30, I won't feel like I've done "enough." Even at 40.

You and your husband are in a good place. Think about all the fun trips you'll be able to take with your child

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep

Last edited by ~Jessie~; 08-08-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Cor if I have kids I plan to take a YEAR off!!! Most people take around 6 months off.... 6 weeks sound insane!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Top Dog

Karen, how are you feeling? If it's any consolation, I had a couple of rough periods in pregnancy but was able to take 7+ mile hikes a few times. Traveling while pregnant didn't pose a problem for me.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

I'm sorry it has come at a less than ideal time. You should still be able to travel and hike while pregnant though. (not sure if that helps)
Old 08-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Top Dog

Karen, how are you feeling? If it's any consolation, I had a couple of rough periods in pregnancy but was able to take 7+ mile hikes a few times. Traveling while pregnant didn't pose a problem for me.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Top Dog

Thanks guys. It's going to feel fake until I go to the doctor in a few weeks, I think. Then maybe it will sink in.

Milo, I feel just fine. Tired, but I attributed that to jet lag from coming back from Hawaii last week. Tiny tiny little cramps, but barely noticeable. Nothing like when my cycle comes.

The fear with Macchu Picchu is altitude. I'd be 5.5-6 months at that point, and Cuzco is 11000 feet. I never had any intention of doing an intense physical hike (there's a train/bus you can take to avoid the hike), but just the lack of oxygen makes me think it's probably not the best plan. We'll see. I was researching the internet this morning finding blogs of people who went while pregnant, though generally 2-4 months along.

Guess I just have to find a really laid back OBGYN.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 08-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Top Dog

What about a midwife? Here at least, they're so much more laid back and don't treat pregnancy like it's an illness.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
What about a midwife? Here at least, they're so much more laid back and don't treat pregnancy like it's an illness.
I know a lot of people go that route, but I will feel much more comfortable with a medical doctor in a hospital setting (with people who can prescribe lots and lots of drugs).

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG