Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
At labor and delivery. Very painful contractions 8 minutes apart. Dilated 3 cm. Lets hope this is it! Cross fingers!
Sending all the vibes I can muster, good luck. Can't wait to see pictures of you little man.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 07-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

Contractions are getting closer and stronger, but I've only dilated another half centimeter. /: The contractions really hurt and they won't give me meds yet, she says not until 4 cm. Does all this sound normal? I'm worried and the doctor has only come in a couple times, it's mostly nurses.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Contractions are getting closer and stronger, but I've only dilated another half centimeter. /: The contractions really hurt and they won't give me meds yet, she says not until 4 cm. Does all this sound normal? I'm worried and the doctor has only come in a couple times, it's mostly nurses.
Sounds textbook to me but if you are concerned, talk to one of the nurses. But it all sounds exactly like it should be

Best of luck

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Bite Club

Good luck Barbara! Labor on the toilet, it really sped things up for me!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 07-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Top Dog

Sounds normal. And I prefer the company of nurses to doctors myself personally. I found walking and staying upright made a huge difference in my comfort level. Good luck Barbara!

In other, less exciting news, Ev and I had a play date with some other moms from my Facebook birth month group and it was spectacular. Not only did we have a cry-free drive there, but she was great the whole time and slept on the drive home too! And I have some moms to hang out with who have babies the same age!

Oh and we finally got her into a chiropractor and had her adjusted. Interestingly enough, one area that is compressed is the section of the spine where the nerves related to her stomach are located. So hopefully this helps her reflux!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
Sounds normal. And I prefer the company of nurses to doctors myself personally. I found walking and staying upright made a huge difference in my comfort level. Good luck Barbara!

In other, less exciting news, Ev and I had a play date with some other moms from my Facebook birth month group and it was spectacular. Not only did we have a cry-free drive there, but she was great the whole time and slept on the drive home too! And I have some moms to hang out with who have babies the same age!

Oh and we finally got her into a chiropractor and had her adjusted. Interestingly enough, one area that is compressed is the section of the spine where the nerves related to her stomach are located. So hopefully this helps her reflux!
That's great.!!!

I'll tell ya... Connecting with a group of moms with children around the same age was priceless to me. It provided me a priceless amount of support and incredible friendships that almost 6 years later have grown and developed into not only some of my dearest friends but some of Hannahs closest friends. It is really an amazing resource for new moms. To connect with women who are goin through similar experiences and as the kids grow will continue to be able to relate to what you are experiencing... Priceless

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-10-2013, 01:48 AM
Top Dog

Baby groups are awesome! I'm in one here and they've helped me with so much. Wish we didn't all live so far and we could have a Chaz moms meetup, lol

They moved me into an overnight room with a bed and anime reclining chair for D. My parents are in their way. They are giving me Demerol every two hours, which makes it hurt less but not go away completely. By the time the two hours are up, I'm in a good bit of pain. The doctor says I'm having slow onset labor. At 6 AM if I haven't gotten to active labor, they will induce me. My biggest problem now is that the Demerol isn't doing much... ):

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Top Dog

He'll be here before you know it!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Top Dog

8 cm dilated and they broke my water. There was merconium in it but I'm trying not to worry. I can't feel anything from the waist down now, they gave me an epidural a couple hours ago.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
8 cm dilated and they broke my water. There was merconium in it but I'm trying not to worry. I can't feel anything from the waist down now, they gave me an epidural a couple hours ago.
In the home stretch if you aren't done already Hopefully all goes just swimmingly and the meconium has no effect.

G.K. Chesterton