Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
My newborn is so not portable.
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Although Lillian's good in her car seat, and she's actually been fine the few times we've taken her out...but we've always had the option of leaving quickly and a nice restaurant for a sit-down dinner with a three week old sounds like the opposite of fun to me (and probably the staff and other patrons).

I'm glad Everleigh survived staying with her grandparents. I've talked myself into the fact that I'm just being neurotic, my mom's been fine with her so far, and I'll probably have a good time. Here's hoping I don't have a major panic attack during dinner, or cry when we leave.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 07-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

Well when we got home, his parents had invited DH's pet-hating aunt over (his moms twin), Everleigh peed on our new microfiber couch, Obi got off his leash (after I told them he would be fine until we got home) and ran after my neighbors yappy American Eskimo, and my MIL popped a bottle liner and wasted an entire feeding of pumped milk, or white gold as I call it. Ugh.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Top Dog

Luckily, Clive loved his car seat He's an extremely non-portable toddler, though, so perhaps it's my punishment for having a newborn who slept absolutely everywhere when he was in his seat.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Well when we got home, his parents had invited DH's pet-hating aunt over (his moms twin), Everleigh peed on our new microfiber couch, Obi got off his leash (after I told them he would be fine until we got home) and ran after my neighbors yappy American Eskimo, and my MIL popped a bottle liner and wasted an entire feeding of pumped milk, or white gold as I call it. Ugh.
...I am SO glad I didn't see this post until I got home. Everyone survived, and I didn't even cry and actually wasn't that nervous once I finally left.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Omg. Soooo... I take it they're not sitting again for awhile? And yeah, I get SO upset when pumped milk gets wasted. I work freaking hard for that.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 07-07-2013, 06:18 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Omg. Soooo... I take it they're not sitting again for awhile? And yeah, I get SO upset when pumped milk gets wasted. I work freaking hard for that.
Exactly! Next time (which won't be any time soon if I can help it!) she will go to my moms.

I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed at the wasted milk, the fact that they invited someone to our house without checking with us, or that they took Obi out after I said he'd be good until we got home.
I'm just lucky that Obi has grown some brains finally because he totally could have jumped the fence separating him from our neighbors spitz, though he's thankfully mostly all talk and while he's a bully, he's not aggressive.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 07-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Top Dog

40+1. Shoot me.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 07-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Top Dog

At least you know it can't be too much longer, Barbara.

Lillian looks like she's getting a bit of a diaper rash. She's got a few red spots on her bottom. We're not using cloth (yet) because so many people have bought us diapers, we might as well use them.

Aside from changing her as frequently as possible and letting her have some naked time, any suggestions?

Old 07-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
40+1. Shoot me.
The end is near! I went to 40+6!

MM, Ev started to develop a slight rash this week from the heat. The Suodocream cleared it right up.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

I've heard coconut oil can be used for like, everything. Lol.

This nesting instinct is no joke. All the things that still need to be done in the house are making me borderline panic.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb