Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

8lbs at her 2 week checkup today! That's 1lb 2oz up from her birthweight!

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Top Dog

How is she two weeks old already?!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:07 PM
and Fozzie B!

I had to go back 20 pages to get caught up... it seems like just yesterday you guys were announcing that you were preggers!!! Congrats on your beautiful babies. Ev & Lily are so cute and perfect. Allison, Ev's story and pictures made me cry. I'm so relieved to see her happy and healthy.

Malakai just turned 6 months. I'm shocked. He's crawling around, getting into everything, and starting to talk. What happened to my tiny little nugget? I love his personality, even though it's scarily similar to his Dad. Lol! He's such a ham, and a drama queen, but he's so sweet and caring.

I wish sooooooooooooooo much that I would've kept trying to breast feed. To everyone having issues or who haven't given birth yet, do ANYTHING you can to keep BFing. Malakai was so calm and content while I was BFing, and when I stopped producing milk and gave up, it was like night and day. He's had severe gas and reflux issues ever since and I always wonder what if. He's on Nutramigen now, which is basically all corn syrup. He's doing better on it than regular formula, but he stays up until 3-4 am like he's wired, and still has some reflux issues. I'm thankful to have my healthy boy, but I REALLY wish I still BF. Well that's my rant! Does anyone have any relfux tips to share?

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 06-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Bite Club

Sorry to hear about his issues! Have you tried infant probiotics? I get one at Costco called Bio Gaia. Sleeping on his tummy might help if he doesn't do that already. I also use homeopathic colic drops which I can get at almost any drug store. They are safe and sometimes help. Other than that I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe once he starts eating more solids things will improve. I've heard goats milk is good but not sure what age you can start that at.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Top Dog

39 weeks and a day and I can't do this much anymore. Ugh. I'm in so much pain, but I have work in the morning. I want so badly to start taking off for maternity but I have to get a full two weeks of work in before the first of next month or I won't be able to pay rent. It's awful. I can hardly stand without seeing stars and once I lay down in bed, my boyfriend has to physically roll me whenever I want to move or get up because I can't do it myself anymore. I need $380 for rent on the first of August... Unless there are some rental assistance places or my parents want to help... Ugh. There's a point where strength starts to bend and this is too much.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

39 weeks and a day and I can't do this much anymore. Ugh. I'm in so much pain, but I have work in the morning. I want so badly to start taking off for maternity but I have to get a full two weeks of work in before the first of next month or I won't be able to pay rent. It's awful. I can hardly stand without seeing stars and once I lay down in bed, my boyfriend has to physically roll me whenever I want to move or get up because I can't do it myself anymore. I need $380 for rent on the first of August... Unless there are some rental assistance places or my parents want to help... Ugh. There's a point where strength starts to bend and this is too much.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

Old 06-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Top Dog

Ihartgonzo, we are struggling with reflux too although we are breastfeeding. It sucks! Is Malakai on meds for it? Ev takes ranitidine but I'm not sure how much it helps. Definitely not 100%.

I definitely second Jen's suggestions of BioGaia and the homeopathic colic drops. We are using those too.

Do you feed him sitting up and keep him upright after?

We go to see the pediatrician again Tuesday because Ev is still having nasty, slimy green poops. I'll post here if she has any new info.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:48 PM
and Fozzie B!

Thanks!!! I will go get BioGaia tomorrow. I also give him colic drops, but it's hard to say if they help or not.

We've been feeding him upright and sitting him up for 30 minutes after, and he seems better. His doctor said he doesn't feel it's severe enough to take meds. I'm a worrier so it bothers me a lot... I have to remind myself that otherwise everything is great with him and how lucky I am. He's definitely growing fine. He's 20 lbs and 30" at 6 months! He does sleep on his tummy and he is so much happier, despite being told not to.

Barbara, that's awful! I know how you feel, I was grooming through out my pregnancy and my feet would just kill me. D: I took lots of breaks, and made sure I actually walked around, because standing in one place is bad for circulation. Stretching and doing yoga helped too! God I don't miss those last few weeks.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 06-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Wwnnnw b. Eq Eew qqwe err naqmwe ERR mmw www.ww. .

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.