Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Top Dog

MM, the longer you have practice contractions, the easier your labor will be (or so said my midwife). :-)

Taqroy, she doesn't like being naked but we had it super warm in there with a space heater blowing on her. That being said, she hated the photo shoot and screamed the whole time. She hates not being held (something we are now working on after yesterday) so every time we tried to set her down, she woke up and wailed. It was awful. LOL
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Top Dog

Also, thanks for the reminder! My coconut oil should be in this week! My nipples and Everleigh's feet are desperate.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 06-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Bite Club

How many weeks are you MM? You shouldn't have to be induced until 42 weeks as long as you and baby are doing fine.

Those pics are to die for Allison! I wish we could have done that but it just wasn't in the budget.

Coconut oil is great for diaper rash too. Which I haven't had to deal much with thank goodness.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 06-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Let it be

I think the part I have a hard time with is Blake is a really adavanced baby. I don't want to see him pass Briggs in development.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I think the part I have a hard time with is Blake is a really adavanced baby. I don't want to see him pass Briggs in development.
I understand , the twins are more advanced then Caleb and there is a whole decade between them .

Just realize there is no comparison. ever. that is hard for new mothers to do , I did it for a long time , it is natural to look to your kids and compare them to others. even more so when you know something is different and still exploring what all the differences are. Just remind yourself that while Blake will do a.b.c better there will also be X.y.z. that Briggs will master and Blake will struggle with.

Calebs hand eye coordination blows me away , he is the best in Temple run getting MILLONS of points before he dies . the others in the house can only get about half his score. We can all spell school though , even the 4 yr olds .
I can ask Caleb how you spell it and he will say Skowl.

Please look into a support group , they help. Even to just talk to someone who is going through the same thing. Ideas bounced off each other. and to not feel alone. HUGS HUGS

Grieve for the boy you hoped he would be and alter that vision a little into the boy he will become and hold onto that one.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
Taqroy, she doesn't like being naked but we had it super warm in there with a space heater blowing on her. That being said, she hated the photo shoot and screamed the whole time. She hates not being held (something we are now working on after yesterday) so every time we tried to set her down, she woke up and wailed. It was awful. LOL
Ah, yeah Falon screeched the entire time she was naked for weeks. Do you have a babywearing device so you don't have to actively hold her? I loved my sling the first couple weeks but I've recently discovered the mei tai and wrap love (and you can use all of them with fresh babies). My husband puts her in the mei tai and then plays WoW lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
Coconut oil is great for diaper rash too. Which I haven't had to deal much with thank goodness.
Good to know! Diaper rash is sucky. The most effective thing we've done is making sure Falon's butt is totally dry before we put the new diaper on.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 06-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Bite Club

I had to cut out dairy. It was giving her silent reflux and diaper rash! Haven't had it since.

Allison if your nipples are really bad ask your midwife to prescribe dr newmans all purpose nipple ointment ( if she hasn't already) it's awesome stuff!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 06-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Top Dog

I have a Beco Gemini but because of my hematoma, I can only wear it for short time periods right now. She did like it the one time we tried it though!

Jen my one nipple was bleeding a little at first but now that we are getting a deeper latch, it's getting much better. But I have heard about this miracle Newmans ointment so it's in the back of my mind!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

Oh! And we got one heck of a good deal on the photo shoot but its a really small package (10 edited pics of our choice on a CD for $120).

Old 06-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
How many weeks are you MM? You shouldn't have to be induced until 42 weeks as long as you and baby are doing fine.
I'm only +39 weeks, but last midwife I saw seemed to think it was possible the baby's growth had stopped/slowed because of placenta or cord deterioration or I was measuring small from low fluid.

When I told one of my regular midwives, she pretty much rolled her eyes and said we're fine. They will do another sono at 41 weeks to check, but as of now there's no indication anything might be wrong and I don't need one.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com