Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Bite Club

Nurse her a lot and let her rest. She will probably be extra sleepy tomorrow but should be fine in a day or two. That was my experience at least. It's so hard to see them in pain though!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 05-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Top Dog

Oh gosh Allison! Vibes vibes vibes!

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 05-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Top Dog

Somewhere in there is my sedated baby ready for her trip to the referral hospital. I'm waiting on my patient transport to get here and I'll be headed down there with her.

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:06 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Oh, Allison. I am so sorry. While not nearly as severe, I know what it's like to see your baby hooked up to wires and tubes and not be able to hold them
Or feel them.

Honestly, the only thing that got me theough was focusing on what I could control and that was my presence and pumping the BEST milk that I could for when she was able to start eating theough a tube. Eating right and therefore making the strongest, healthiest milk I could.

Continuing to pray for you.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-23-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh Allison.... I can't even imagine. Lots and lots of ((((hugs)))) and porters and vibes and every good thought I can think for you two.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I'm so sorry, Allison. I'm glad they were able to get you a bed there so quick too, so that you can be with her Continued vibes that she'll be in your arms in no time, and you're all home soon.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

Been thinking about you today, Allison. I'm hoping for an awesome update.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 05-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Been thinking about you today, Allison. I'm hoping for an awesome update.
I was coming on just to look for an update as well. I'm not even close to being a mother but I can't imagine how hard this is for you, and your husband. Sending all the vibes I can send! Hoping for a good update once you get the time.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Oooooh what a crap experience. Hope the move goes ok, and she gets all the support she needs so you can give her a massive snuggle and sws soon.

What's her name?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Top Dog

Quick Update:

Baby got to the NICU hospital around 3:00 yesterday. I was transferred down around 10:00. Here is what she was like last night:

She was sedated with morphine, had a breathing tube, a nasogastric tube, an arterial line, and IV in her umbilical cord and a host of monitors attached to her. She was breathing on her own, but needed support because of how inflamed her lungs were. They suctioned out a TON of meconium and fluid.

She has been rapidly improving and this is her today:

She pulled out her breathing tube but they have left it out since she is holding steady with her oxygen saturation stats.
She was able to get rid of her arterial line as well. So now she has her nasogastric tube for feeding (which will hopefully be out soon) and her umbilical IV line so she can get her antibiotics and her heart and resp rate monitors.

I'm hopefully getting discharged tomorrow and hubby and I will be staying at the Ronald McDonald house while she is hospitalized. She might be here a week or two.

It's been hard because we still haven't been able to hold her or touch her more than through her wires and tubes through the incubator windows.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.