Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-15-2013, 01:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
A tip? Count on never having anything nice again. Lol
Pretty much this. We both work but it's still a huge chunk of income. We just budget. We have one car and share it because our daycare is the same as a car payment..
Old 05-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Top Dog

I'm hoping my MIL retires and does daycare LOL
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Top Dog

I can't really imagine what I'd do for daycare if I moved away late in my pregnancy. I'm hoping to move about an hour away next year, and if I can't keep going to school almost entirely funded by scholarships, at a school that offers day care, it's not going to happen.

I don't know what I'd do if I had no family nearby and was working a lot of hours.

Have you looked into swapping childcare with someone? Maybe someone who works nights or an alternate schedule to yours? Or even if you can swap childcare with someone who works part time evenings/whenever you're not working, that'll save you on the cost of 20 hours of childcare a week.

You also have to be so careful when you find a facility OR individual to care for your child some of the horror stories of things that happen with a nanny or in a day care are just awful.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
A tip? Count on never having anything nice again. Lol
That's the thing... I'll be lucky to be pulling in $1200 a month. It doesn't have much to do with having nice things... Just like, a roof over our heads...

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 05-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Top Dog

Also... In case breast feeding doesn't work out... Any formula recommendations? I have no clue where to start with that. I'm copying most things from what we used with my little sis... Nuk brand bottles, and they used Infamil for formula.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 05-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Top Dog

I've heard most doctors recommending wal-mart's store brand of formula. I don't actually know what the brand is called, but apparently most formulas are made exactly the same, because of strict FDA regulations. So supposedly wal-mart's brand is pretty much the exact same product as Similac, Infamil, etc...for like a third of the price.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Top Dog

When I had to switch Clive to formula at around 6 months, we bought similac for several months. Finally we read that Walmart's brand was pretty much the same, which we did find to be true. (other store brands he'd had digestive issues, etc) I believe they have one that is similar to Similac and one that's like Enfamil.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Top Dog

Well my mother just went off on how she always put me to sleep on my stomach as a newborn and "just made sure my face was turned to the size".

Guess who's at the top of my WHO CAN BABYSIT NEVER list?

Old 05-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Well my mother just went off on how she always put me to sleep on my stomach as a newborn and "just made sure my face was turned to the size".

Guess who's at the top of my WHO CAN BABYSIT NEVER list?
Lol. Well to be fair, that was the recommendation for a long time. I'm guessing you told her that the new recommendations are for back sleeping only?

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Lol. Well to be fair, that was the recommendation for a long time. I'm guessing you told her that the new recommendations are for back sleeping only?
I'm 23. Her exact words "when you were born everyone said not to put you on your stomach but I did it anyway." When I was like "UM YOU'RE LUCKY WE'RE NOT DEAD, IF YOU DID THAT NOW YOU'D PROBABLY BE ARRESTED FOR CHILD ENDANGERMENT" and she was like "well, the doctors didn't tell me, just other people". I guess the AAP recommendations didn't change until after I was born, but I know she did the same with my brother, and that was well after awareness.

She's also brought up me needed a crib bumper probably 30 times. I showed her the AAP websites and warnings about crib bumpers (and the pamplets from the hospital saying don't use them) and she was like "oh, okay, I guess you're right...." but then a week later she started telling me I needed one again. A few days ago I got "well you're going to be sorry when the baby's arm gets stuck and you have to twist it and hurt them to get it back in".