Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
Good to hear! I have been stopping the nursing for a short period and distracting him.

I think we will be getting him an amber bead necklace. His teething really seems to bother him.

hey_jude

Jessie- I think BG will be great! For some reason it's not what I went with- but I know they're definitely most popular! Are free times and elementals pockets or AIOs?

Okay so guys- I had 3 babies in my house today (made them all wear my cloth diapers and wool covers while I wait to get my DD bahahha. It was quite fun- their moms were good sports about it! It was a lot of fun).

Anyway, I realized how much more of an issue dog hair is with sweaty, drooly, crawling babies. Am I the only one really struggling with dog fur EVERYWHERE?! I admit I'm not great about brushing- maybe every other week I get them brushed. Will that make a HUGE difference- do it every other day or something?

Also any anti shedding treatments that work?

How do you keep your house relatively dog hair free with babies crawling around? I'm so anxious about it after today! Dog hair everywhere- I was embarrassed!

And just for visual fun- the babies in the cloth diapers:

Uhm, my babies just crawled in hair :) Its good for them, builds the immune system:)

I did keep the dogs out of the nursery and they have always been gated out of the kitchen so I had some dog free zones if needed but otherwise, whatever :)

hey_jude

I accept definitely some hair!! haha part of life! :) But I guess I just hate how MUCH there is. I never have had the shedding thing under control. I also cut chicken out of their life as they shed worse on it I find- but they still shed a ton!!! I feel discouraged!! :(

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
We already have strategically placed baby gates anyway! So we can kind of corral the dogs without them feeling shut out. I assume this will help us in the long term!

milos_mommy

Brushing them more often will definitely help, so will blow drying them with forced air dryers. And assuming they're eating a good quality food, I wouldn't say supplements will help much.

Lillian crawls all in the hair (even with no/low shedding breeds, the hair is awful). I just vacuum right before other babies come over lol.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I've noticed a great deal less hair since we got our Roomba because we can run it while doing other things. It helps that we have mostly laminate floors, too - Roomba can do a much better job on hard floors than our area rugs ime.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Nora's just going to have to crawl through the fur ;) I'll vacuum/sweep daily to keep it to a minimum, but inevitably it's going to be impossible to get rid of all the fur. We have all bamboo/tile floors.

I do have certain rooms already gated off from the dogs (our den, our pub/sitting room, Nora's bedroom), so those are already fur free zones :)

The Freetimes and Elementals are AIOs. She'll be in newborn cloth until she hits about 12lbs, and I have a ton of variety trying to get a feel for what I like. I think the BumGenius and the Thirsties AIOs are the winners for us :)

This is not a really great pic of my daughter (she is making a weird face) and is just a simple phone pic of a random moment...but after I took it I had a "Holy ****! My little girl is growing up" moment.

They really grow so fast....

She is 8 1/2

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I think we just agreed on a girls name!! It feels right, I feel quite excited about it (rather than just 'yeah I like it'). Now to try and settle on a boys name.... I suspect we won't have a boy name picked out till it's here and we know it's a boy. We just don't like any!!!!

Why are boy names so difficult?!

Ev crawls through a lot of hair, even though I vacuum every other day. Part of life. It gets easier to accept but I must admit it has made me consider low shedding breeds for the future.

I think we just agreed on a girls name!! It feels right, I feel quite excited about it (rather than just 'yeah I like it'). Now to try and settle on a boys name.... I suspect we won't have a boy name picked out till it's here and we know it's a boy. We just don't like any!!!!

Why are boy names so difficult?!

We totally had the opposite problem. We had a boys name right away and a list of 15 backup names we loved. We struggled sooo much naming Ev and I still questioned it after she was born.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Looks like I'm joining the pregnant club.

No idea what I should be doing. I wanted a puppy.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Congratulations!

I still want a puppy.... so you know know.. patience is a virtue so they say lol.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I've been having such bad baby fever. It so BAD!! Like terrible. Tyler and I have decided to start trying for a baby in three years. We get married August 2015 so we will start trying two years after we get married. That will make me 29, but honestly I don't know if I will be able to wait that long ha ha

Nauseous and in mourning for the life I currently lead.

Congrats! I hope the nausea and mourning both end soon.

We took Ev to the beach for the first time yesterday. She seriously is so much fun at this age.

At first she just wanted to talk to the seagulls. This area was roped off because there was a nest of endangered birds there. I can't remember what they were called, but it wasn't pimping plinkos, which is what my brain keeps calling them.

She wasn't sure about the unreasonable temperature of the water. She wanted to like it but, seriously. Coldest body of water on Ontario, mom? Uncool.

So then she stopped talking to me briefly whilst sampling some of the province's finest sand.

Her shirt said, "I'm gonna be a rock star!" This is her interpretation of what exactly that entails.

Then we went for a walk at the marina.

Then, to ensure she would sleep on the way home, we forced her to climb stairs and slide slides.

milos_mommy

Piping plovers?!?

This age is the best! Lillian also loves the beach (we go at least weekly)...she kisses the sand, brings me sea shells, plays in the waves, chases the seagulls, and laughs hysterically if I make my buried hand grab her feet.

Members online

No members online now.