Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Top Dog

UMMMMMM HI GUYS HELP PLEASE.

Ok - I'm 36 weeks pregnant TODAY. I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks for the past week or two, but nothing lasting and only one or two painful ones. I just went to pee (and TMI, btw) and when I wiped there was a tiny bit of brownish/pinkish mucus. But just like two little spots.

I feel 100% normal otherwise. Is this normal? Like maybe just blood from blood vessels in my cervix breaking or something? It definitely doesn't seem like anything hinting at early labor, but should I call the midwife to check? (they're not in over the weekend, so if it WAS anything I'd have to go to the hospital anyway to check for dilation/whatever). I have an appointment tuesday morning anyway.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Top Dog

It sounds like you lost part of your mucus plug. It could mean nothing as lots of women lose their plugs weeks before giving birth but I think the recommendation is to at least make your caretaker aware of it if you're earlier than 37 weeks.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

Also, there have been a few women in my birth-month group who have lost their whole mucus plug multiple times. It can regenerate :-)
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 05-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Top Dog

What Allison said. I also need some advice..

At 32 weeks, I have contractions every so often. Like, about once a week or so (since around 26 weeks) I will have an hour and a half to two hours where I just experience back to back contractions that can be pretty bothersome/painful and it's really nerve racking. Anybody else experience this?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 05-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Top Dog

Yes, I have Barbara. It's usually at night, or during the day if I do a lot of exercising/walking. Or if I don't drink enough water.

I'm fairly certain if they're not more than every 10 minutes for more than an hour, they're fine. If they are more frequent than that, I'd ask the doctor, but if it's something you're experiencing frequently and then they get better, I don't think that's a sign anything is wrong.

I posted about it the other night, I was having pretty intense BH contractions that were definitely more than 4 an hour for a couple of hours. I was about to call my doctor when I finally fell asleep (presumably they had stopped then) and when I woke up I was fine.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Top Dog

I know I keep jumping back to the naming thing, but now that we're on middle names, I actually just had to make this comment at one of the suggestions he made:

"LIKE THE CHEESE?!?!?"

Old 05-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Top Dog

I too have had some pretty rockin BH contractions since about 30 weeks. They've settled down a bit in the past week or two but I think it's because I've been off work.

I get them especially bad at certain times-- getting into the car, getting up off the couch, walking the dog. Sometimes they're so strong I have to breathe through them.

Unless they start to follow a regular pattern or become painful (actually painful and not just uncomfortable), my midwife said its great that my body is practicing so hard and that it will make delivery easier. She may have just been blowing sunshine up my you know what but I'll take it.

As for the name, MM, was it Bree? LOL

Old 05-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Top Dog

To all of you!

Old 05-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Let it be

happy mothers day everyone!

Braxton hicks like that are normal.Trsut me when I say you will KNOW without a doubt when labor is coming. I walked my sister to her school which was 5 minutes away from my house and on the way back it took me an HOUR to walk home when I was pregnant with Blake. My pelvis literally felt like it was going to shatter and every step I had lightning shooting up into me. I wasn't having contractions but the following nigth when I walked the dog my water broke. Something similar happened to Briggs. There is no mistake of real contractions versus Braxton Hicks. They come on and you think oh, this kind of hurt but aren't that bad and just steadily get heavier till you are groaning like a wild animal.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Top Dog

I'll take those contractions anytime now. Today was my original due date based on my LMP. It changed to the 17 at my first ultrasound but I don't know that I believe that based on when I tested positive. Either way, baby's on her own schedule here.