Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Wow, she did get really big really fast! That's crazy! Is she sleeping/eating/etc. a little bit better now that she's bigger?
She's doing so much better! I don't have to pump anymore cause she figured out the latching thing a couple weeks ago which I am really really happy about. And I got Mu into a class on Sundays so I feel better too - I missed it and it makes me feel a little more...centered I guess.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Omg this baby is huuuuge. 2 weeks and six weeks.

Also I really like Everleigh. Could go with Evie as a nickname?
She's adorable!!!!

DH doesn't like Evie either. He likes Leigha as a nickname which I didn't like but I'm warming up to it.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Top Dog

I'm having one heck of a time finding a pediatrician

Long story short - we'll be switching insurance in a few months, so ideally I wanted to find a dr who took both. My options there are three doctors/practices

1) my pediatrician from middle school onwards, and I think is a really crappy doctor.
2) a pediatric group within a HUGE medical (all GP/adult medicine) group, I'd probably never get to see the same Dr and also there's always like 200 sick adults + children in the office
3) The group through my hospital.

So today I went to interview #3. I scheduled a "meet and greet", go in the office...the 6 staff members behind the counter proceeded to chat about their mother's day plans while I stood there for 5 minutes before someone offered to help me.

They had no separate sick/well wait areas, so I went to sit down in a waiting room that 100% barren of all toys, pictures, reading materials for kids and adults (save for a pamphlet on water safety and a parenting flyer entirely in Spanish), etc. I waited a half hour to see the doctor, who was super awkward, in an exam room which again had absolutely zero pictures on the walls, things to read, etc.

UGH. I guess we'll just go there for the first 3-6 months and then switch to another one. My other choice is picking a pediatrician that's 40+ minutes away, and I don't really want to do that.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-09-2013, 07:03 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
She's adorable!!!!

DH doesn't like Evie either. He likes Leigha as a nickname which I didn't like but I'm warming up to it.
I am a firm believer that nicknames and short forms just happen once the child is here and you bond. Hannah's "short forms" and "nicknames" just happened and I think even if we planned out what the short form would have been... It wouldn't have jived up with what naturally developed

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I am a firm believer that nicknames and short forms just happen once the child is here and you bond. Hannah's "short forms" and "nicknames" just happened and I think even if we planned out what the short form would have been... It wouldn't have jived up with what naturally developed

Excellent point

I think we are just going to have to name her when she gets here. If she ever gets here.

39 weeks today and zero sleep last night thanks to a foot jammed into my ribs.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:42 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
Excellent point

I think we are just going to have to name her when she gets here. If she ever gets here.

39 weeks today and zero sleep last night thanks to a foot jammed into my ribs.
That sounds like a good idea You may lay eyes on her and just know what her name should be or it may take a little time but you'll find the perfect name for her.

UGH I'm sorry, I remember the insomnia days of pregnancy.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
...Un-child related, but it's the same with dogs. Because, let's be honest, we didn't expect to be calling Harlow "Nutter Butter Beanbag". Rider Man Jones developed naturally as well.

If we do ever have children, I already feel bad for their nicknames.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

I think going in with a couple (at least two) of names in case one doesn't fit is a really good idea.

The baby's dad and I had enough trouble agreeing on any names in the first place, so all we've got is Lillian for a girl and Sterling for a boy - and we're talking about choosing something else for a boy in case Sterling doesn't fit, but it took us 9 whole months to come up with Sterling, so IDK how that's going to go. I'd probably feel better if we had more options.

Also, I wanted to use Lily as a nickname for Lillian, but I'm starting to have the feeling that I'm going to call her either Lillian most of the time, or shorten it to Lil, and never use Lily. That's ok, but I agree nicknames aren't usually something you can pre-choose very well.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Let it be

Yeah nicknames just happen. Briggs goes by the Briggalo and Blake goes by Cuddles 99.9% of the time in person. I actually only ever say Blake when I am dealing with medical stuff. Otherwise, it's Cuddles.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:27 PM
PSD Partner

Nico has a few nicknames. Mister is the main one. Then there is Little Man and Mister Man. He responds to all of them. lol Here are some recent photos of my smiling little guy. A month ago he was weighed in at 16.6lbs. He now knows how to wave bye and two days ago started to say mom and ma ma. He is 6 months old now. Oh and almost forgot, he got his first tooth too.

Last edited by NicoleLJ; 05-10-2013 at 05:08 PM.