Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-27-2012, 07:10 AM
Top Dog

One of my clients at work (who happens to be BFF's with my boss), makes lotions, soaps, etc. I'll be buying from her.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:36 AM
We are Home.

This is what my friends husband is making to store her kids cloth diapers. Im thinking of making the open (hes doing the cubes on that side to) side longer and of course the whole thing taller and 16 inches wide.

Choices. they suck.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-27-2012, 10:43 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdogs View Post
What do you guys use for baby wash/lotion?
I just use the Johnson & Johnson baby wash... sometimes. Same with the shampoo. Basically, I just use water unless he's gotten into something really messy (mud, finger paint, food caked in his hair, etc.), and then I'll use the Johnson & Johnson. I'll be honest in that I didn't research a lot of bath products, because we got the Johnson & Johnson as gifts. He is 15mos now and we have only used 1/2 of a bottle of each.

As for lotion, my pediatrician recommended the Aveeno Baby brand. So we have a bottle, but we've never had any reason to inspire using it yet. LOL
Old 10-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Top Dog

I have a question. I have PCOS. I am constantly missing periods, so I'm pretty familiar with pregnancy tests. The second line never shows up, even I let it sit there for hours and forget about it before throwing it away... Still only one line. Well, this time, I peed on it, saw there was only one line immediately, dismissed it, and set it aside. I came back about 20 minutes later and there were two lines.... There have never been two lines and in my experience and the experience of those around me, the tests only show two lines if you ARE pregnant. So....

Thoughts here, guys?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Top Dog

Read the instructions. If you wait too long they can be evaporation lines.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Bite Club

I would pick up another couple of tests, different brands and try them too. Maybe a digital one that doesn't use lines? And do it first thing in the morning!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 10-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Top Dog

It's never happened before though, so I am just weirded out I guess. It was too early to test anyways, but I usually test every two weeks per routine. I may wait a week or so before trying again.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-27-2012, 10:42 PM
The Littlest Hound

I don't take them THAT often... but I just took a digital the other day, it clearly said "not pregnant" but I still haven't had a period and its been 2 months & 1 week :/

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 10-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Top Dog

I would go to the doctor and get a blood test. I'm used to having irregular periods because I have PCOS

Old 10-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post

Oh and my first recommendation to parents to be - read The Baby Book by Dr. Sears.

This. Dr. Sears is the best. Well, there are many Dr. Sears. I think that their info is pretty balanced, not gungho pro or anti anything, but good at giving the facts and letting you decide. I think they tend to lean towards, gentle, natural parenting.

Also, their website covers nearly everything and is very informational and non alarming. Whenever I get worried, I look it us on the Dr. Sears website and am usually calmed down. They probably have a page about, "Oh, your child lost a limb. Don't panic, modern medicine is great! Here is what you should do..."