Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Top Dog

Baby was head down at my ultrasound today, and measuring 5 lbs 6 oz (although I know that's not that accurate, it's a good range to be in!). I'm verryyyy happy

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Let it be

Bot my boys were predicted to be 3lbs less than they were.

Yah for being head down. Just where you want the little nugget.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Bot my boys were predicted to be 3lbs less than they were.

Yah for being head down. Just where you want the little nugget.
Yah, I was supposed to be around 8lbs... I was nearly 12 xD

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Let it be

Mine were said to be about 5 but were 8. 12 is scary
Old 05-07-2013, 04:21 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

They guess Hannah would be 8lbs 2 oz...she was 8lbs 4 oz lol so they were pretty accurate that time.

I don't think they told my mom how much I might weigh. I was 10 lbs but on the way out they told her I was going to be a boy because I had such broad shoulders lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

At my last check up, the midwife said based on how big her bum felt, and how far away it was from her head, that she is a "good sized baby". She guessed around 8lbs.

I can't wait for my midwife appointment
Thursday. For weeks now baby has been head down, bum on my left side, feet on the right and her hands under my right hip bone. But my belly was super uncomfortable Sunday night and into Monday and I swear I felt a foot push out of my left side yesterday. So I'm not sure if she rolled over or what the deal was. My belly is too hard for me to palpate her properly.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, they said it could be off by up to a pound in either direction, I've always heard 2 lbs in either direction, but also that the harder the ultrasound tech needs to push, the more skewed the measurement might be, and she was barely touching me, so I'm pretty confident the baby is at least between 4.5 and 6.5 lbs right now, and that's fine with me.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I think we decided (FINALLY!) on names last night. Hopefully. At 35 weeks.
This is what I've been doing between searching nameberry and waiting for my husband to get home:

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 05-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Top Dog

Would a be pronounced "rylie" or "ry-leah"? I only ask because my coworker named their child ryann (pronounced Ryan) because people convinced them it would be more girly. Now they spend most of the time correcting people on the pronunciation ("no, it isn't Ry Ann"). she really considered changing it, but all of the documents had been issued
Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Would a be pronounced "rylie" or "ry-leah"? I only ask because my coworker named their child ryann (pronounced Ryan) because people convinced them it would be more girly. Now they spend most of the time correcting people on the pronunciation ("no, it isn't Ry Ann"). she really considered changing it, but all of the documents had been issued
It would be Rylea. I know it will get mispronounced and misspelled quite frequently but working at a vet clinic means I can't get passed the "Riley" spelling. My husband likes this one a lot though.