Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Top Dog

So I think I'll make a life update thread today or tomorrow. Haven't updated you guys since January.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Top Dog

An update would be good
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Top Dog

Officially full term!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 04-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Top Dog

Allison, I can't believe you're so close! How are you feeling?

Today I had my 34 week appointment. My midwife said she couldn't be positive if the baby was breech or not, and wants to do another sono next week (I'll be 35 weeks) to check. I'm not thrilled with the idea of another sonogram, but she said it will be about two minutes long so I guess that's ok.

I feel like the baby is still flipping back and forth, but she said at this point it's not and if it flipped completely I would definitely notice. So...I *think* it's head down.

But I'm still kind of freaking out. My brother and I were both C-sections due to being breech and came at 37 weeks. Midwife said it's better to find out now if the baby is breech because we'll have more time to try to get him/her to turn and discuss options. I REALLY don't want a C-section, and I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of ECV either. Does anyone have any experience with ECV? I'm not sure if delivering a breech baby vaginally would be an option at my hospital - it probably would...I'm not sure I'd be willing to try that either.

I'm just going to try not to worry about it until I find out for sure if she's head up or down

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

I can't believe I'm so close either

Midwife appointment today which was good timing because I've been feeling punky all day. Blood pressure is a bit high for me (not where they'd normally be concerned but mine has been the exact same almost every appointment this pregnancy). So between that and the fact that she couldn't palpate much of anything through my tight belly, she checked my cervix. It's open at the bottom, closed at the top whatever that means. She couldn't palpate baby well through my BH contractions but said based on how far away her bum is from her head, she is a "good size baby". I'm content for her to keep baking but will be happy if she's deciding to make an appearance soon. I'm 37w4d today.

If your baby IS breech, you could try the techniques on the Spinning Babies website. I have heard mixed things about having babies turned but haven't looked into it myself. There's risks associated with breech AND with turning them manually so it's a tough call. Hopefully baby IS head down and stays put and you won't have to worry.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Top Dog

The best part about the current weather? Finding this dress. I haven't been this comfortable in months.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Ladies, I need some suggestions. A coworker of mine is pregnant with her first child. I know her and her husband have tried for some time and this is an absolute blessing for her. I like her a lot, we work closely together. And while I do know some personal things about her, I don't know her THAT close.

Anyway, I saw this cute Happy-Mother's-Day-To-Be card that I picked up and I thought of doing something small for her for mother's day, like a little gift basket with some cute nail polish, subtle smelling lotion or so. Would you be happy about that or is there anything else that would be better? Or would you find that gesture silly?

I don't want to get anything for the baby, just for her.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Let it be

I think that is a lovely gesture! Any kind of gift congratulating me on getting pregnant, no matter what it was, would instantly make me so happy.

Briggs is done all his assessments and now I am just waiting for the 16th for the family meeting at the autism clinic. Then we know if he gets a diagnosis this young and if not what we can be refered to in the mean time.

Blake can crawl since ten days ago. He now pulls himself up on everything too. TOO FAST! He has a set of teet has well. WHERE IS MY BABY GOING AND WHY IS HE TRYING TO BE BIG SO FAST.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Top Dog

Jules that is a lovely thought!

Paige, I'm hoping you get the answers and the referrals you need! Keep us posted.

And it's true, babies grow so insanely fast it's unbelievable. Looking at pictures of my friends babies makes me worry for how fast this little one will grow!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Top Dog

Jules that is a lovely thought!

Paige, I'm hoping you get the answers and the referrals you need! Keep us posted.

And it's true, babies grow so insanely fast it's unbelievable. Looking at pictures of my friends babies makes me worry for how fast this little one will grow!