Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Basically, this: (well, you know, not ME, but the idea behind it )

Are you sure they weren't trying to tell to stay away from it from now on, since you *do* have preterm labour issues?
Not sure, because this was before we knew I was contracting for sure and before I was hooked up to the machines. They asked if I'd had sex and I said no and they all murmured and said to avoid sex during pregnancy, because it causes preterm labor.

I went in with contractions 4 minutes apart and they were able to stop them fairly quickly once I was hydrated. So I'm guessing it was due to being dehydrated? I'm so lucky I never dilated. However my boyfriend is coming to see me this week, and I'd rather NOT have to avoid sex. So I was just checking on the validity of the idea that sex is bad bad bad. The nurses when I went in were acting like it was the devil, lol. And that was before we knew I was contracting.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Top Dog

If you've already been having preterm contractions, I'd imagine you'd need to avoid sex...definitely call your doctor to clarify.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
. However my boyfriend is coming to see me this week, and I'd rather NOT have to avoid sex.
Sex while pregnant under NORMAL circumstances is fine. You'd want to check with your doctor, however, since you've already had preterm labor issues, though. I, personally, would not chance it were I in the same situation
Old 03-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Sex while pregnant under NORMAL circumstances is fine. You'd want to check with your doctor, however, since you've already had preterm labor issues, though. I, personally, would not chance it were I in the same situation
Same. You don't want a preemie, especially one this early. It's normally healthy (though with protection if your partner hasn't been tested for STDs or is unfaithful, as STIs are often fatal to unborn babies). For all the reasons I mentioned earlier, it's dangerous in preterm labor situations.

ETA: if you're worried about having to completely abstain that long, you guys can still do... stuff, that doesn't involve penetration and clitoral stimulation. Time to get creative.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:59 AM
Top Dog

I will ask my regular doctor at my appt Wednesday...

I just question the nurses, lol. They didn't seem very knowledgeable. I never saw a doctor. I didn't dilate, but they kept saying I was in labor. It took them 7 times to get on IV, and I had to ask them to lower my pain meds because they were giving me too much. It was just an overall bad experience and I can't wait to see my regular doc. Lol.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Top Dog

Pregnancy hormones and irresponsible owners don't mix. If I have to talk to another teenaged new puppy owner about why his 16 week old pup should be vaccinated before he takes it to a dog park, and listen to him rant about the cost of owning a dog, or watch another dog be euthanized after the owner has failed to intervene when the problem first started four years ago, I'm going to lose my mind.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
So I have a question about baby and child wearing--I'm trying to put this in a non-offensive way, because that's not how I mean it. Doesn't wearing your kid all the time make them more clingy and less independent?
Not at all. Briggs was worn nearly all day till h=e could walk and is not needy at all. Blake is super clingy though but wearing means I can meet his needs and get stuff done. Nothing wrong with a clingy baby
Old 03-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Babies should be bonded.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Let it be

Yeah they are supposed to be needy. You can help them be more independent as time goes on but its totally normal for babies to be clingy. toddlers too
Old 03-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

Little miss was a tiny bit more cooperative today.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.