Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

I wasn't supposed to be able to and well... Here I am.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Top Dog

I was told I would have "extreme difficulty conceiving a healthy pregnancy on my own". I had two very early miscarriages prior to this. I had unprotected sex for over 4 years, with multiple partners (I did use the "rhythm method").

Then I got pregnant, on BC, only having had sex once that cycle, long after I was sure I had already ovulated (I'm still convinced I released two eggs that month).

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

Thanks for all the name support!!!

One of the names dh and I had agreed on, and then discarded, was Ryleigh and this is one of the names my mon suggested today. lol But I work at a vet clinic and it's too much of a dog's name I think...
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
Thanks for all the name support!!!

One of the names dh and I had agreed on, and then discarded, was Ryleigh and this is one of the names my mon suggested today. lol But I work at a vet clinic and it's too much of a dog's name I think...
Tell your Mom you'll think about naming the next one Ryleigh because it sounds nice with Harlow

Old 02-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Chihuahua Power!

I love Ryleigh for a human .

Our girl names are Nora Grace and Marlie Rae.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
I don't know the history of most the moms and moms-to-be here, but did any of you have trouble getting pregnant? (Not trying to get pregnant right now but concerned I won't be able to have children.)
I know I'm not a doctor (haha) but with PCOS I wouldn't be too worried. Seems a lot of people with PCOS have been able to conceive. If you aren't on BC and have PCOS, you should consider it a strong possibility that you can get pregnant.

They also say losing like 10% of your weight (if you are overweight?) can help too, with PCOS.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I was told I would have "extreme difficulty conceiving a healthy pregnancy on my own". I had two very early miscarriages prior to this. I had unprotected sex for over 4 years, with multiple partners (I did use the "rhythm method").

Then I got pregnant, on BC, only having had sex once that cycle, long after I was sure I had already ovulated (I'm still convinced I released two eggs that month).
I'm planning on going in for testing in a couple of months, so hopefully I'll figure out what's going on. I really hate going to the doctor. ( My friend has similar issues so I'm going to tag along to some of her appointments so I can get some info.)

I was on BC and then stopped and haven't had a period since... so that concerns me. I was so freaked out. I took about 8 pregnancy tests. I might even have miscarried, I'm really not sure. (If I did, it would have to be reallly early on.)

I wonder if we have similar issues. I'm trying to get my hopes up, since I'm still 'young' but my doctor wasn't very helpful. When I was diagnosed with PCOS she just said "Here's some BC." and we haven't ever discussed it. Her attitude towards me and my problems makes me hesitant to go get tests done. I don't know much about medical stuff, but I'm not an idiot. I get frustrated when doctors don't listen to me or disregard my concerns. Or judge you. Female doctors are pretty bad about that. "You're having sex? I didn't know you were married." Thanks for being passive aggressive, doc.

I was 16, so I obviously didn't want children. I don't necessarily want children now, but I would like to in the future and don't want to damage myself anymore than I already have. The BC I was taking had some pretty bad reviews on getting pregnant after taking it.

Am I the only one that immediately 'no's a name if I know someone who has it or didn't like someone with that name? It drives my BF nuts.

And I tend to give my animals 'human' names... I kind of feel bad that we 'wasted' Gwen on our dog. But it helps with names like Pandora (which will be our ferret's name when we get her. I'm not budging on that!) or other 'weird' names.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 02-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

I want to add, I have endometriosis/hormone imbalances and not PCOS. I know a lotttt of woman who have had babies with PCOS. Some of them have had a sort of hard time, and get frustrated, because it's hard to track ovulation and it's not as frequent as other women.

Another thing: I don't think it's as all as easy to get pregnant as the media and unwanted pregnancy campaigns and "teen mom" and all that make everyone think. I don't think it's uncommon, at all, even for healthy women, to take more than a year of trying.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Jessie , is Rae a family name? It was my grannies middle name and is now Victoria's also , I have never heard of it outside my family.

Airn,
The only name i vetoed when we where picking names for the girls was Nevaeh ,
I know way to many people who should not have kids names there kids that
because it is heaven spelled backwards. I can name 6 different addicts
with little girls named that.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Bite Club

I was on birth control for 10 years with only a few breaks and had no trouble conceiving. I kind of assumed I would so was pretty shocked when it happened so fast. Like first try fast!

~Aura & Riley~